Can bumble foot cause paralysis symptoms?

Good day, thanks for all the replies!

So the wife took the chicky to the vet today, her lameness is caused by the bumble foot she figures, she got anti biotics prescribed. Chicky is doing okay, not eating or drinking since the vet visit, but she ate and drank alot this morning before I left for work. Hopefully she starts again soon!

They 'caught' some bugs and took samples of them, they are indeed chicken lice, no eggs could be found on her tho which is a good sign. She got 'ivomec ivermectin inj.' Prescribed for that, vet said 1 drop under each wing on every chicken, now I am curious how long will this medicine kill all lice etc.? A few hours, days, weeks? Just curious if it is a one time deal or if I have to reapply drops every few days?

I will clean the coop out on the weekend and disinfect everything, i am not sure if I can purchase the sprays you guys have listed here in Canada. Will have a look! Thanks again.

Give it good shot anything with pyrethrins are what you want to look for any part of that name it is from in some chrysanthemum flowers you can buy it off Amazon if you can shop there with her getting in injection you have 4 days to treat others

How long until that ivermectin works? I still see very small bugs on her today around her eye lids.

She is drinking very small amounts, no food in the past 24 hours at all tho. I am starting to worry a bit. Is that Ivermectin making her lose appetite?

Yea i only realized as I have had a crawling sensation the last couple of days and eventually discovered a bug on me today! Waahhhh. Its from handling her once I looked at her, how gross.

I covered her in DE now i hope it helps, is there a liquid spray i can use in my whole coop/on chickens to kill the bugs/eggs?

The poor chicken cant even sit properly after all this surery, she is just laying on her side, exhausted, tired, not drinking or eating today.
I have used cheap dog flea shampoo on chickens and it didn't hurt them, but it killed the heck out of the bugs!

Give it good shot anything with pyrethrins are what you want to look for any part of that name it is from in some chrysanthemum flowers you can buy it off Amazon if you can shop there with her getting in injection you have 4 days to treat others
DO NOT INJECT ANYTHING WITH PYRETHRIN INTO A CHICKEN !
I don't know if that is what you meant, but since you refuse to use punctuation, there is no way of knowing what you meant in that run-on sentence. :he:smack

That's what i read too, Penny.

I do the Ivermax drops as needed. I've never had a big outbreak of critters, though. I usually do a treatment at least once a year, usually twice and if anybody shows feather loss or I see a creepy crawly on them, I will do a spot treatment.

Glad to hear that we were on the right track with your girl. She's had a rough day. I wouldn't start worrying yet.

Back
Top Bottom