Can chickens be gender confused? lol

I❤fluffybutts

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2017
So i have 3 16 week old silkie chicks. 1 started crowing at 9 weeks, and has since grown in a really nice size comb and waddles. The other 2 still have not a sight of either. Well I was sitting out with them the other moening as usual. Roo Paul was crowing, and then i heard another surprising crow. So i look around thinking its Petunia/Petey (a barnyard mix, i suspect he is a roo) but then it happens again and it was my dang silkie hen, or at least what i've been thinking is a hen. So i guess my question is could a hen just crow for funsies? or is it a serious late bloomer? This is Roo Paul a few weeks ago, comb and waddles are larger now and the other pic is Dixie. She still looks the same no sign of a comb or waddles. Im sooo confused!
Screenshot_20170807-200203.png
Screenshot_20170807-200141.png
Screenshot_20170807-200203.png

The first pic is a Male, the second is a female. At 16 weeks they are not classified as chicks any more---LOL---some call them a rooster and a hen. I call them a Cockerel and a pullet. Sure pullets/hens try to crow some times---not unusual.

The first pic is a Male, the second is a female. At 16 weeks they are not classified as chicks any more---LOL---some call them a rooster and a hen. I call them a Cockerel and a pullet. Sure pullets/hens try to crow some times---not unusual.

Just like your children will always be your babies, they will always be chicks to me lol

But seriously he/she is still crowing but still no signs of waddles or a comb. I definitely can't keep 2 Roos, heck im not even sure i want to keep any roos. Even though i have grown attatched to Roo Paul!

Back
Top Bottom