Can Chickens Eat Grapes?

Quote:
yes you can give them grapes, I cut them in half and only give them seedless grapes.

am I understanding this correctly, your chickens are only eating cracked corn?

I would definitely feed layer pellets in addition to cracked corn and other treats like grapes! Grapes are an absolute favorite with my girls.
smile.png

Quote:
yes you can give them grapes, I cut them in half and only give them seedless grapes.

am I understanding this correctly, your chickens are only eating cracked corn?

yes, I AM Only Giving them Cracked Corn now, But Today my Mom is Suppose to Get Some Crumbles* For them.

we did not Know That you were supposed to give them Corn AND pellets*, Until I Asked on BYC If you Can only Give them Cracked Corn.

Again, Today my Mom is Going to get Crumbles* For them.

* Crumbles, Pellets, Same thing, Different Style, Eh?

crumbs or pellets same thing, I use crumbs, other's say pellets are less wasted. I guess my girls are just neat eaters! Glad to hear you are getting them some "real" food. I made the same mistake when I was younger and had ducks...

yes, corn is not food....more of a treat for them, doesn't have any of the proteins, and vitamins etc that they need to grow properly...
some people feed scratch, they say it keeps them warm in the cold winters....but not nutritionally good for them
feed them lots of greens, kale, lettuce, grapes, apples, rice, pasta, etc....they will eat it all and be happy for it...but they must have the proper chicken feed as well

mine prefer the crumbles for some reason. I suggest black oil sunflower seeds as a treat too - more protein than coenzyme. They eat them whole!

I just dump a bowl of grapes out in my coop (no cutting up, sorry girls) and I really think it is hands down their favorite treat. Your girls are lucky if you've got grapes to share with them!

Back
Top Bottom