Can chickens eat sweet peas

I was considered because my boyfriend got sweet peas frozen that weren't organic sorry about that and thank you for responding

I got confused sorry... I just love my hensallot and all the results for sweet peas was that plant so I got concerned just thank you for being kind enough to respond to such a dumb question
No such thing as a dumb question here on BYC. You only learn by asking . Enjoy your flock!

I always enjoy my flock they are pets I don't eat them all I can say is I have really weird birds and I mean weird for a chicken I always I had theluck of getting unquie animals but I fed them the peas and they are still alive lol

Thank you so much I have books on what not to feed but they come with a very small list though I've only been raising chickens for 7 years but that was with help with my mother she doesn't know much about chickens I just adore my hens to bits they love to snuggle thanks again for the link I'll make great used of its contents and I had heard about beans being toxicand including soybeans have no nurinets art all thanks again
Green sweet peas are fine. In fact, my chicken feed includes dried peas as a major ingredient. What you DON'T want to feed them are dried beans. Here's a brief list of what not to feed. I've read in multiple places not to feed tomato plants but my birds razed the tomato plants to the ground with no ill effects. That may vary by type of tomato plant or by breed of chickens - I don't know.

I know peas are fine but sweet peas are toxic have you ever fed them sweet peas with no problem

Oh nevermind I thought sweet pea plant produced the sweet peas product

Back
Top Bottom