I've had a look and i can't find any bantam hens for sale in my area. Unfortunately it looks like the breeder i bought them off has closed her business :( Is there anything else I could do? Much like the cornish cross pullet above, my hen lives for running around a forging but she's just so sad and quiet. She keeps looking for him too, she hasn't called out for him but she keeps looking into the nesting box and looking on the second layer of the coop to see if he's there, it's heartbreaking!
Where exactly are you located? Maybe you can post on the Buy,Sell, or Trade thread for bantams or start a thread asking if anyone has bantams for sale?

First I’d like to say, I’m sorry about your rooster! :hitBut yes, chickens do mourn. When they are so attached to a certain chicken (especially a rooster that rules the flock) they do get quite upset and in some cases can die of loneliness or of a broken heart.
Absolutely! After my flock of 8 was attacked by a fox, the remaining 3 girls were traumatized for weeks, they would not come out of their coop and they were hyper cautious, I felt horrible for them :-(

I think my hen is affected by the culling last week of the two mean bullies (roosters that attack us, each other, the hens). She stopped laying. Separated herself. Stopped eating and drinking for 3 days. I’ve isolated her and been giving her soft mash and vitamins and electrolytes water. Obviously is having trouble standing because she is so weak. Every couple of hours I give the electrolyte and offer the food mash and try to have her stand up for a little bit, but other than that I let her rest and try to recoup. I guess… She’s a fluffy light Brahma so you can’t tell the weight she’s lost. Vet said not sick, but I treated for cocci. She’s clearly weak, so I have her away from the flock. Any advice, experience or tips? She’s 1 1/2yrs old. GWEN—from a different post. DDC5E0EF-B01B-4E6B-8B5B-E6118C3D7F10.jpeg 5B63C715-7BE5-4D3E-A787-7AC817005454.jpeg 27E21E99-0B6A-4C59-991F-DD7F117873BD.jpeg 964A77A5-8965-4F68-8B75-870C14B8E9D1.jpeg 26D1568C-EC69-4902-AC4F-220889A3D11F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom