Can Corid cease laying?

Trish1974

Araucana enthusiast
5 Years
Mar 16, 2016
North Central IN
My Coop
My Coop
A little over a week ago I found a couple poos in the run that had some solid red junks in them. I chalked it up to intestinal lining and went on about my business. Two days later as I was cleaning the coop I found a large poo with a lot of red in it. The poo was frozen so it was hard to tell if it was once runny or not. I did some online research to confirm it was intestinal lining but everything took me to coccidiosis. I panicked and ran to the farm store and bought some Corid. I started the flock on the medicine the next day. I think I jumped the gun and treated unnecessarily because I never found another poop with red in it since the one I found in the coop. I had them on Corid for 3 days before I stopped treatment. A few days later my EE stopped laying. She had started laying again about a month ago and was regular. She has a good appetite, is drinking and fairly active. Her poop looks a little pale, dark tan kind of like the color of their feed, but solid and free of parasites. I felt her abdomen this evening when she was on the roost and I didn't feel any swelling. I lost my favorite hen to internal laying last fall, so I'm a little paranoid it may be happening again. Could the Corid have caused her to stop laying?

Back
Top Bottom