Can I add a male Sebastopol goose with a Male Peking duck and 4 female Peking ducks?

Lizzie1

In the Brooder
Feb 4, 2022
I have one male Peking and one female Peking. Thought I had two girls. Oops! I placed an order for more 3 more girl ducks for obvious reasons. I added a male Sebastopol goose to my order. Am I just shooting myself in the foot again? Will the male goose have a problem being around female ducks.

More than likely your gander is going to want to mate with your ducks and there could be trouble with your drake and gander. My Embden gander mated with the female Muscovy I have and him and my Muscovy drake fought. I had to separate the gander and drake during mating season. It would be sad to have to separate your gander he’d be all alone. Why not order a female goose so he has a mate. I got my gander a female goose and they are mates for life.

More than likely your gander is going to want to mate with your ducks and there could be trouble with your drake and gander. My Embden gander mated with the female Muscovy I have and him and my Muscovy drake fought. I had to separate the gander and drake during mating season. It would be sad to have to separate your gander he’d be all alone. Why not order a female goose so he has a mate. I got my gander a female goose and they are mates for life.
Yes! I would hate to have him all alone. So If I order him a female goose he should leave the ducks alone? Even though they would be in the same large area together.

Thank
After my gander and goose bonded he never was interested in the ducks. But my flock isn’t in a pen they have a half acre fenced. I can’t promise he won’t if one of your ducks got in the pool with him.
you so much for the advice! I canceled the Seb goose. Maybe I can get a breeding pair later. But really set on Sebastopol geese and they only have males at this time.

Back
Top Bottom