Can I brood on the garage at this temp?

Esrun

Songster
Jan 29, 2024
We are in CT. Can we keep 6 or less chicks safely in our garage with their heat (was thinking of the MHP) at the end of April? Can’t decide between the garage and our spare bedroom. But I really don’t want all the dust lol. I could keep them inside for a few days.

I do
You probably can with a plate/light also a $50 hepa air filter on Amazon solves the indoor dust problem
I do recall seeing on a different post of mine someone using an air purifier and I do have one. I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it.

We are in CT. Can we keep 6 or less chicks safely in our garage with their heat (was thinking of the MHP) at the end of April? Can’t decide between the garage and our spare bedroom. But I really don’t want all the dust lol. I could keep them inside for a few days.
Yes to the garage. Yes to completely outdoors. We are neighbors. I live in the shadow of Gillette Stadium. Our last few broods have all been done outdoors using just a MHP. We have done March& April. I recall last year while they were a week old it was in the twenties a couple nights. They just stayed under the MHP and slept soundly. They stay inside for a few days to make sure they are OK and for the grand kids to see them up close.

Here is the post that led me to MHP outdoors.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...d-in-the-brooder-picture-heavy-update.956958/

Here are couple articles I did on brooding outdoors.
4th time is a charm
MHP in March outdoors

Good luck

Yes to the garage. Yes to completely outdoors. We are neighbors. I live in the shadow of Gillette Stadium. Our last few broods have all been done outdoors using just a MHP. We have done March& April. I recall last year while they were a week old it was in the twenties a couple nights. They just stayed under the MHP and slept soundly. They stay inside for a few days to make sure they are OK and for the grand kids to see them up close.

Here is the post that led me to MHP outdoors.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...d-in-the-brooder-picture-heavy-update.956958/

Here are couple articles I did on brooding outdoors.
4th time is a charm
MHP in March outdoors

Good luck
Oh really?! I’d love to be able to have them outdoors. I’ll take a look at those links. I’d need to make a safe space though bc our run will be under construction (expansion) at that time.

Back
Top Bottom