Can I convert this shed to a coop?

I am looking at resin/plastic sheds and most that I have seen have a 15lb per sq ft of snow load. Is there anywhere on the shed that tells you the brand of shed you have?
Also, there are shed reinforcements you can get for snow loads. But, having a similar climate, I doubt we would have more than 15lbs/sq ft to worry about. If it got that bad, just go out and brush it off. ;)

Trust me, you want the Rubbermaid ones (craftsman, I think they just put their own name on it). They WILL hold better. The walls are what holds up the roof.
That tool shed I was talking about has an almost flat roof but the thick walls. I DO scrap off the snow form the top and after 4-5 years it is sunk in just a little bit.
Look at the shed I have for the Coop, Very pitched roof, better to shuck off the snow ;)

OOps, I thought this was Soon2Bchixmom thread, but I guess it all applies.

If you are using that smaller shed then maybe re-enforce the inside walls?

Thank you, Pete! I will go digging around and see what I can find...although the further along we get into this, the more I realize we are probably just going to build a new (wood) coop....

Plastic is better than metal, IMHO. You won't face the condensation issues that metal has, and it's easier to screw to. You will need ventilation, and lots of it.
Agrees....if it is a double wall PVC plastic shed. The one the OP posted does not look like double wall.

Thank you, Pete! I will go digging around and see what I can find...although the further along we get into this, the more I realize we are probably just going to build a new (wood) coop....
Probably an excellent decision...go big tho! ;)

Back
Top Bottom