Can I get some ideas?

All of these photos make me wonder what really does go on around my house at night. For now I don't think I need to set traps....but I guess I won't know until I get one of those cameras! :lol:

I hope you catch those coons and the fox! Will keep checking back for updates.

All of these photos make me wonder what really does go on around my house at night. For now I don't think I need to set traps....but I guess I won't know until I get one of those cameras!
lol.png

I hope you catch those coons and the fox! Will keep checking back for updates.
Thanks. I had no idea I had so many critters running around! The coons don't worry me so much as the fox, which may come around in the day when my girls are out. My coop and run are totally secure, so I'm not worried so much about night time predators, but I have seen racoon poops all around my coop. I'm sure they have been scoping it out.

Rebar, exactly. Either use a long piece or weld a nut or a bar to the top so the critter can't pull it off. Or, if your not weld-friendly, wire the chain to the re-bar so the fox doesn't pull it off. Good luck.
I can weld a nut on the end. I have a welder. When I get the trap, I will see what it has on the end of the chain that I need to work with.

For an attractant I have used anise. You know that liquid licorice flavored stuff. Coons love that smell. Any time I start to see coon sign around the coop I set either a 220 conibear in a 5 gallon pail or the largest havahart cage trap. I prefer the conibear. Usually it will only take 1 maybe 2 nights to get the offender. Good luck getting the critters.

I just got the trap this week. Now I have to figure out where to put it where the chickens won't get into it. What should I use for bait?
I really don't want to catch a skunk in the foot trap. As it is, I just discovered a skunk in my live trap this morning. Now I have to deal with it. I'm trying to build up enough bravery to go out there and let it out.

Is anyone good with foot traps? I set one up the way I watched on youtube, with fox attractant, but the fox won't get close to it. I have had a coon and opossum get in there without setting it. They get above and reach down. It is set up between a rock and a log. The attractant is stuffed down an old chipmonk hole under the rock. It looks like the perfect set up.

If you look close, there is a possum on the rock. Right above those horizontal sticks.

In this picture, I believe it is a coon.

Here is the fox. I have several pictures of him nearby, but nothing close to the trap.

Back
Top Bottom