Can I Please Have Your Opinions On These Silkies For Breeding

PamB

Songster
9 Years
Jul 20, 2010
Dayville, CT
Hi all! I've recently decided to start breeding some of my silkies. I am purchasing (hopefully from Bobbi Porto) some silkies to get started. I'm thinking if I breed splash I may put these two in the breeding pen....thoughts on these?

Alice:
63636_img_3437.jpg

63636_img_3057.jpg

Daisy:
She actually already had some babies with my current splash roo. I posted pics of them too. The babies all have 5 toes and nice foot feathering
smile.png
The pics of the babies were taken at about a week old.

63636_img_2951.jpg

63636_img_2963.jpg

63636_img_2919.jpg

Daisy's Chicks (One Week Old):
63636_img_3394.jpg

63636_img_3376.jpg

63636_img_3378.jpg

63636_img_3368.jpg

Which one? The second is lighter than the first...and my camera is crappy...sorry about that. I'm planning on spending my money on silkies instead of a new camera.
lol.png

She did make some pretty babies with my splash cockeral...however, maybe she is too light to breed? That is the information I'm looking for from you experts.
smile.png

Last edited:
Alice is Gray. they have a few small issues daisy could use a lot more cushion for example. but I don't see anything that screams don't breed. Daisy has a nice beard

The first one looks like a Grey (light color pattern)...I've never seen a Splash with an all black head...the second one is a Splash....both have nice type...

Thank you! I'm excited to have a couple of my "pets" that I can put into my breeding flock since I don't have TONS of money to spend immediately, I'll probably only end up with two to three breeder or show quality silkies to start out.

Back
Top Bottom