Can I use ivermectin paste to treat ear mites in my dog and cat?

Lori J

Songster
5 Years
Jun 18, 2017
Can I use the ivermectin paste to treat my cat and dog for ear mites? That is, if I can even find it at tractor supply these days. I wouldn’t be surprised if they took it off the shelf because of the Covid stuff. Just trying to save myself a couple hundred dollar vet bill!

Can I use the ivermectin paste to treat my cat and dog for ear mites? That is, if I can even find it at tractor supply these days. I wouldn’t be surprised if they took it off the shelf because of the Covid stuff. Just trying to save myself a couple hundred dollar vet bill!
We have used mineral oil to get rid of ear mites. Don't know about ivermectin paste.

Further recommending veterinary care, as there are a multitude of issues that can affect the ear and it is the safe bet to have them examine it and properly treat it. You could be dealing with a completely different issue, and an ear mite treatment may not help it. There may be something like an actual infection instead, so it’s best to get the right treatment the first time by letting them examine and determine the cause and course. Best of luck on your pup getting treated and healed up!

Further recommending veterinary care, as there are a multitude of issues that can affect the ear and it is the safe bet to have them examine it and properly treat it. You could be dealing with a completely different issue, and an ear mite treatment may not help it. There may be something like an actual infection instead, so it’s best to get the right treatment the first time by letting them examine and determine the cause and course. Best of luck on your pup getting treated and healed up!
Maybe…but we have been through it before. Its ear mites. But I understand that you still may not have the info i need on ivermectin. I will probably visit the local vet supply in a nearby city. I would like to budget vet money towards a resurgence in my cats allergic reaction on her belly (she’ll need more steroids and who knows) rather than this lesser ear mite reoccurrence in my dog. Either way, have to wait while i get money for vet. However, if it doesn’t respond to treatment, I will, of course, take my dog as well.

I used ivermectin for years but I never used a paste. We used a pour on. That said, for ear mites I would look in the pet department and get some ear mite medicine made for cats. That would be safe and effective for rabbits. The cat medicine will work on the dog too.

If you have questions about a product, any product, call the manufacturer. There is usually a customer help phone number listed on the label. Sometimes it is in pretty fine print but if you look you should be able to find it.

Hi, did you ever try the ivermectin paste from tractor supply on your cat's ear mites? I have multiple cats with ear mites.

It's frustrating that most vets require prescription for my favorite Revolution which has the ingredient Selemectin. Most won't prescribe the large dog size for cats which is same ingredient but double concentrated.

Back
Top Bottom