can i use wazine 17 on my doves

If your dove is in an aviary...or allowed to go into a flight pen outdoors and walk around on the ground...then yes...you need to worm your dove.

And...yes...you can worm your doves with "Wazine 17" wormer for the control of Roundworms. Wazine is "Piperazine". Dosage for "Wazine 17" use is 2 tablespoons to a gallon of water for 2 days. Repeat in 10 to 12 days. As a preventative...use 1 1/2 teaspoons to a gallon of water for 1 day each month.

Dawn

Last edited:
thank you
smile.png

McLoughlin Lofts recommends using a Moxidectin wormer such as Quest (marketed for horses) for pigeons and doves.

From their site:
"Quest is a gel that must be mixed in a blender poured into the water and given to the pigeons for 24 hours. It lasts in the pigeons system for 30 days. Not only does it eliminate all internal intestinal worms, it eliminates gape worms and all external parasites. We treat the race team with Quest seven days before a big race and have only had super results.
We place 1/2 tube of Quest in one cup of water in the blender. We blend for 30 seconds and then pour this into 4 gallons of water and stir."

If it's good enough for a $100 pigeon, it's good enough for my ferals and chickens.

Back
Top Bottom