Can Muscovy hens raise other birds?

SolarDuck

Free Ranging
Jan 31, 2020
Hello! I am thinking about adding another bird or two to my flock, but I am curious of a couple things. Currently I have 3 Muscovy hens that should start laying soon. I was thinking about either getting 1 more Muscovy, or maybe 2 of a different type of duck that isn't too loud(I have neighbors) like Cayuga or maybe even Mandarin ducks. I would want them all to get along well and I think the best way to do that would probably be to buy hatching eggs and let one of my girls sit on them. I was just wondering if anyone has ever had a Muscovy raise a non-muscovy before, and if it would be a possibility.

Hello! I am thinking about adding another bird or two to my flock, but I am curious of a couple things. Currently I have 3 Muscovy hens that should start laying soon. I was thinking about either getting 1 more Muscovy, or maybe 2 of a different type of duck that isn't too loud(I have neighbors) like Cayuga or maybe even Mandarin ducks. I would want them all to get along well and I think the best way to do that would probably be to buy hatching eggs and let one of my girls sit on them. I was just wondering if anyone has ever had a Muscovy raise a non-muscovy before, and if it would be a possibility.
I know this is an old post but have to say my Muscovy have hatched and raised Runner-Buffs and even Muscovy.

Back
Top Bottom