Can Roosters turn into Hens? pics

well I guess we can all agree that were lucky were not chickens...that might screw up a lot of relationships in our life "sorry honey, I think im turning into a man!"

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
jaskdl;fjs;kdfjsd;klfjsdklfja;skl!!!!...

LOL...

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
sunny cal - nice name change!!
Gumbii - dude ive missed you - lol

too funny

Quote:
Baby i grew up in San Fran, this happenes more than you know.

On a serious note, either A: his boy-bits have stop cranking out testerone, and he's loosing his mannishness. or B. There's a source of female hormones he's gotten into (there are both natrual sources (plant estrogens) and enviromential sources. C. he was gender ambigious at some point (which would suggest that he was not your young roo's father).

A is most likely,
B is possiable
c is quite improbable, but if you have C go pick some lotto numbers.

Maybe Henk will touch a bit more on this and his thoughts on it but if I was to guess I would say he may carry some of the henny gene in him.
Henny Feathering: Hf
Is an autosomal incomplete dominant gene that causes female-type plumage structure and ( if applicable ) plumage pattern and colors on males. It works by affecting the hormones in the feather follicles, and is a breed characteristic of Campines, Henny Game, and Sebrights.

If you have a sibling of his you could test mate him to her and see what the outcome is.

Chris

In hens normally only 1 (usually left) ovary is active.
When this ovary (temporary) looses its function (cyst/tumor/adrenal gland malfunction) (the hen will start to look like a cock but) the other reproductive organ might become active.
Normally this right gonad is also an ovary but the posibility is there that it is a testis or both: ovotestis.
When the left ovary becomes active again the 'cock' will turn into a hen again.

In vet school I was told of 1 documented case of a hen changing into a fertile cock and back into a hen.

Normal cocks changing into hens is much more unlikely because they have 2 active testes to start with but never say never...

Quote:
Apparently you don't know about San Francisco

AH HAHAHAHA............I like 25 min from san fran...its happening all over this wonderous state....Not that I mind. Better than some alternatives and at least they're nice.

Guess its time to paint him a rainbow coop. Don't feel bad I have a show girl who I named Petey....as in Pete P***is neck....I know its horrible but I didn't know she was a she...and so the name just stuck.

Back
Top Bottom