Can six-week-old pullets be tamed?

Phoebe_here

Songster
May 24, 2022
Hello everyone,

I’ve sadly returned to the farm the 5-6-week old birds we’ve been hand raising - which turned out to be cockerels.

And I came home with two new girls around the same age to join the two girls we are able to keep.

The new girls are extremely timid. Do you think it is too late to tame them so they can become comfortable with cuddles?

Thanks,

Phoebe

With treats and time, I'm sure they can become more comfortable with you. They may or may not enjoy cuddles though. I have 14 birds that have all been hand raised. Only 6 are lap birds who enjoy being held and pet. Most of the rest will come up and sit around me, but don't particularly enjoy being held. Hopefully yours will soon be hopping on your lap 🙂

I think most chickens can be tamed. I don't know if they're gonna get comfortable with cuddles, but you should be able to tame them. Bring them lots of treats!
Thank you. I’m sure my boys will put the time in. And will keep the treats coming!

With treats and time, I'm sure they can become more comfortable with you. They may or may not enjoy cuddles though. I have 14 birds that have all been hand raised. Only 6 are lap birds who enjoy being held and pet. Most of the rest will come up and sit around me, but don't particularly enjoy being held. Hopefully yours will soon be hopping on your lap 🙂
Good to know. Thank you. I suppose everyone has their preferences- birds included!

Back
Top Bottom