Can somebody identify this turkey breed?

Fowl0909

Chirping
Aug 23, 2020
F8A058E3-5D49-4B58-8FC8-59AB3458B22E.jpeg
Hey guys! I have this turkey breed that I just cannot figure out what it is. I bought turkey eggs that were all supposed to be Rio grande. Once they hatched I realized that half of them looked like the Rio grandes but they were lighter. They’re 4 weeks old now and the lighter colored ones have developed tan and gold wings. Do y’all know what they are?

(The Rio grande is on the left and the one on the right is the one that I don’t know the breed)

View attachment 3158604Hey guys! I have this turkey breed that I just cannot figure out what it is. I bought turkey eggs that were all supposed to be Rio grande. Once they hatched I realized that half of them looked like the Rio grandes but they were lighter. They’re 4 weeks old now and the lighter colored ones have developed tan and gold wings. Do y’all know what they are?

(The Rio grande is on the left and the one on the right is the one that I don’t know the breed)
The breed is very simple. They are both the breed Turkey. It appears that you have two different varieties.

You can look through many of the various heritage varieties at Porter's Rare Heritage Turkeys. Some poults are too similar to be able to say exactly which variety they are until they have their adult feathers.

View attachment 3158604Hey guys! I have this turkey breed that I just cannot figure out what it is. I bought turkey eggs that were all supposed to be Rio grande. Once they hatched I realized that half of them looked like the Rio grandes but they were lighter. They’re 4 weeks old now and the lighter colored ones have developed tan and gold wings. Do y’all know what they are?

The one one the right is a Red Bronze (bronze with a single red gene).

Back
Top Bottom