Can Someone Help Me Identify this Bantam Hen

Actually to clarify, she's the small one in the back right? Because my hen is very small.

Also, she's a little darker - her comb used to be red when she was younger and I took the first photos, but now it's a charcoal mixed with "mulberry" color. Her wattles are the same. And her ears have little hints of blue, brown, and white - they look like someone swirled some paint together blotchily haha.

They must have some similar ancestry to each other though, because they look A LOT alike.
Yep! The little one in the back. Finally got a better pic. She's the left one.

Attachments

• 20220106_164726.jpg
    20220106_164726.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 5
It actually looks like a Black bantam cochin crossed with an Australorp LOL
Yep! The little one in the back. Finally got a better pic. She's the left one.
Your hen looks a lot like Bernard (my hen), but her comb is bigger and redder (Bernard's is Mulberry and smaller) and does she have a rose comb? I ask because Bernard has like a hybrid between a single comb and rose comb. I'll have to get a better pic of her today.

Bernard was sold to me as a Silkie x Cochin, but there has to be more than just silkie and cochin in there because she has no feathered feet, no crest, and I thought one of her chicks came out silkie feathered, but I think it was actually from my other hen that's a silkie.

I guess she could be a half silkie x cochin or something?

I do think she is part silkie because the color her comb turned, and a lot of her offspring come out with black skin and develop blue ears (her ears are partially blue). She has dark skin under her feathers, I'm pretty sure. But I have a half silkie roo (blue ears but pink-to-grey skin) and a full silkie roo that could be playing a role in her chicks' skin color.

The people I got her form also have an ayam cemani.

Maybe she's a cemani x cochin-silkie? Not sure at all. But she is not a full half silkie that's pretty sure.

Okay, he verified that they have a relatively small ayam cemani rooster. Anyone think that could be her dad and that her mom could be the black cochin they have?

Back
Top Bottom