Can someone help me to see the gender of my rescue chicken?

Sorry for skipping pages. I got to the end of page 7 but now I’m unable to continue since I have stuff to do.

So are the chickens boys or girls? How old are they?

Congrats on your rescue pets! I only have one rooster and he’s a rescue. He’s the best rooster in my eyes.
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I think most of the comment suggests that they are girls. However the breed is uncertain.
Totally agree with u - I have never imagined how great it will be to have chicken. It's just heart melting to see them taking little naps on my lap and shoulder🥰

Just wanna say a huge thank you to everyone that commented on this thread - whether helped me to figure out the gender or breed of them, or gave amazing ideas on how to improve their diet and home. I will update on the new home once it's done - and update when they start laying! So can't wait for it!
It's been such a pleasue talking to everyone! Huge thanks from me and my three fluffy balls!
photo_2020-12-13_21-14-23.jpg

Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum and I’d really love someone to help here.
I found three chicks this March from the park and I really don’t know the gender of them. I’d really appreciate it if someone could offer their opinions.
So below are the pictures of two of my chicken (the third one has broken legs so technically he/she won’t be able to crow).
The other two are pretty big now and they sometimes make weird noises.They haven’t laid eggs or crowed in the morning.
I’m sorry for the low resolution of my pics as it is my parents taking care of them as I’m studying abroad right now. (All the pictures were taken with a month)
Any help will be appreciated!
View attachment 2448081View attachment 2448082View attachment 2448083View attachment 2448084View attachment 2448085View attachment 2448086View attachment 2448087View attachment 2448088View attachment 2448089View attachment 2448090View attachment 2448091View attachment 2448092View attachment 2448093View attachment 2448094View attachment 2448095View attachment 2448096View attachment 2448097View attachment 2448098
20201204_10372515.jpg

I would start by giving them a sand bath on your balcony. As well as maybe growing some plants for them to dig through. @Hei 20 might have some advice. (Sorry Hei20 if I'm being annoying and you don't want to respond)

If you can find them a farm, you may want to try bringing them there and seeing how they do. They will likely be much happier then being in a teeny cage.
Sorry @EmmaRainboe , I have been a busy bee 🐝 today. Hei Hei has destroyed almost all of my plants. LOL I had to do some errands and get more plants. :D:D:D. I have to catch up and read.

Hi, here is a picture of our balcony.
One side is floor to ceiling windows and the other side is the door to our living room.View attachment 2448261
Hi, here is a picture of our balcony.
One side is floor to ceiling windows and the other side is the door to our living room.View attachment 2448261
Wait, so they will NOT have fresh air and direct sun? That is totally different from my situation. Your apartment is completely closed in. My rooster goes in and out as he wishes, NO Cage. Fresh air, sun light, free to destroy my plats and make a mess in the balcony. LOL
20201213_163135.jpg

Poor chickens, can't imagine months without a good source of protein. They will certainly improve once you get them on a real chicken feed. I am surprised the vet that told you about the chickens leg condition didn't ask you what you were feeding them, that would have been an excellent opportunity for them to give you the info you needed.

Did you ever mention where you live? Some people could give suggestions on where to take them if you parents aren't open to you letting them on the balcony.

Back
Top Bottom