Can someone identify me?

showcase7384

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 27, 2012
I am now 12 days old and weight is 8 1/2 oz. I think I am a girl but we will have to wait and see. Mom has a few ideas as to what breed I am but after spending hours looking and reading she still isn't to sure. Can someone tell me what I might be.

She is very pretty. Mine chirps too whenever it's away from me. I ended up getting a second duckling for the first. Now the first one is quiet and the second one chirps. Too funny.

Welcome to BYC!

Thank you for the welcome and everyone for the replies so quickly. I think she is a Mallard or wood from what I have looked up. She is a ham I can not walk out of the room without her chirpping. It got so bad one night I had to move her cage into the bedroom just so she could see me sleeping. She is on starter feed, worms and oatmeal. Seems to be growing by the second. Thanks again

Jessica

Not a wood duck, too big and they don't easily eat on their own.

Utility Rouen, and unless it has been vent sexed you can't tell the gender visually until they feather out, and you also listen for the adult whasp or quack.

I agree with CelticOaksFarm.
I would say a rouen (2 eye stripes instead of one like a mallard). But it could also be a mix. You really won't know until he/she feathers. And you won't know sex at least until 2 1/2 months (voice sex) or 3 months (feathers). Unless you vent sexed the duckling
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom