Can someone tell me what I have?

angie3881

Songster
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
35 minutes south of Kinnick
I have this posted on another thread also.

When I bought the pair in late winter the seller told me the female had "rubbed" her crest off. She had one little sprout this summer and it is gone as well. Will her crest ever grow back? I was told the female is 3 and the male is 2. I'm so confused by all the different color variations. Lol. This is my first year owning chickens and peacocks and actually they own me. Here are some pics of my pair.

103944_chickens_252.jpg

103944_chickens_251.jpg

103944_chickens_004.jpg

103944_chickens_004.jpg

Thanks for sharing any info with me!

Answered on the other thread, but these look like a pair of India blues to me! The male at least looks like a yearling, with the brown train and lack of scaling down the back. If she's from the same breeder I would bet she's the same age.

Most of the time when peafowl lose their crest it is another bird pecking/picking at it.
Seldom do you actually see this happening.
That would be my guess as to why she has lost it.

Yes it should grow back as long as the "picker" leaves it alone.

Quote:
The wings are dropped and the tail is poofed out, she looks like she bred this year to me.

The hen in the pictures is all the same one. According to the person they came from, she is older. I am SO new to this and just recently figured out what white eyed meant... LOL. (I was looking at their peepers.)
roll.png

Wings dropping and poofed tail means she was bred?

If she is white eyed... she could potentially throw a white eyed male?

I am sorry to be so full of questions! I so appreciate everyone's time.

Back
Top Bottom