Can u eat duck eggs?

Chicken_Addict

Songster
12 Years
Apr 21, 2007
Kellyville Oklahoma
Whats the taste/nutritional difference?

we have 2 small ducks and i just now thought about this.....

does anyone know when and how many eggs they lay? do they make their own nests or what?

thanks in advance guys!!

I had one female to lay eggs but she would never sit on them. I heard that duck eggs are really good and rich. I never ate them because by the time I would find them they would be rotten.

My ducks make a nest on the floor of the coop, and lay eggs there. I do eat them, and they are very good. They are especially good for baking. Duck eggs are fluffier than chicken eggs when cooked, but taste just as good if not better.

We just got our adult Blue Swedish pair-and she laid an egg a day for the first 5 days she was here. Now she's taking a break after moving here. Anyways, we ate the eggs she laid. My husband said it was good-maybe even better than a regular fresh fried chicken egg. This was about an hour after she laid it and she's in a pen so we can find her egg right after being laid.My kids each ate an egg scrambled(1/day) and loved them too. Hope that helps!
Lisa:)

There is a lady in our area that advertises locally to buy duck eggs. Her daughter has a neurological disorder, but I don't remember what it is. Anyway, she can't eat chicken eggs, but can eat duck eggs and they are very good for her.

We have two ducks and a drake. They lay one egg each a day. But they really like to hide their eggs so you have to look under the straw, bedding, etc. Then they will suprise you and lay right on the ground! They keep us guessing! I have read that duck eggs are higher in protein and lower in cholesterol that chicken eggs. They taste a little different to us, but we mix with chicken eggs and yum, yum!

Back
Top Bottom