Can you eat Polish Chickens? Are wild chickens okay to eat?

Being serious ... about chicken and farm raised birds in general. I hunt and have eaten a lot of different birds from all around the country. Pheasant from western Kansas living in the grain fields wheat corn etc are wonderful but tough due to the flight muscles. Doves are very dark red meat. I would compare them to liver which is how I prepared them like a down south liver and onions. Wild Turkey is just great meat but again they spend more time running flying and doing things that make them tough.
The best way to get a chicken to be tender and juicy is to confine it with 10,000 other birds in close quarters and feed it a mixture of grain, meat protein, steroids and growth hormones. Do that and you can have a young tender bird in about 6 weeks butcher it right then because if allowed to grow it will quickly get so over weight that it will not be able to support its own weight and will die a pretty miserable death and possibly contract disease. But even then you can grind its carcass along with all the other waste from the chicken house and spread it across all the neighboring fields as fertilizer. Which then gets fed to the beef cows :) But hey don't worry about all those steroids and growth hormones and disease. It will all soak down below the water table and be washed away over time.........

On second thought... Eat those Polish chickens you will be happier and healthier

Using growth hormones for chickens has been illegal for quite a time. Here is an article that might help end your confusion if you care to self-educate.

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/artic...eive-growth-hormones-so-why-all-the-confusion

The way they got the broiler chicks to reach butcher weight in 6 to 8 weeks is purely selective breeding, the same basic process that created every breed of chicken. It’s the same process that created the commercial hybrid egg layers. It’s the same process that creates champion show chickens.

They have also learned better how to feed them and some other stuff, but the main real reason they grow so fast is selective breeding.

There is so much science in poultry today. I don't blame them. The big boys have to have production in large numbers. Outlaw growth hormones and introduce antibiotics that serve only to to increase growth... I am no scientist but to me its all the same. 2008 they allow Topmax (ractopamine hydrochloride) in the turkey industry. But since its not a hormone its a different category. If the water gets poisoned and all the fish die its just a fine and only makes the news in the local area one evening.

I feel like if a person wants a healthy safe bird to eat and they have the ability a back yard chicken is a better choice.

There is so much science in poultry today. I don't blame them. The big boys have to have production in large numbers. Outlaw growth hormones and introduce antibiotics that serve only to to increase growth... I am no scientist but to me its all the same. 2008 they allow Topmax (ractopamine hydrochloride) in the turkey industry. But since its not a hormone its a different category. If the water gets poisoned and all the fish die its just a fine and only makes the news in the local area one evening.

I feel like if a person wants a healthy safe bird to eat and they have the ability a back yard chicken is a better choice.
Ractopamine is being used because it's way safer than clenbuterol - which was previously used. Meat is safer than it was prior to 2008 because of this.

Ractopamine is not an antibiotic.

Ractopamine is being used because it's way safer than clenbuterol - which was previously used. Meat is safer than it was prior to 2008 because of this.

Ractopamine is not an antibiotic.

I should have been more specific. You are correct it is not an antibiotic. Ractopamine is a beta agonist drug that increases protein synthesis, thereby making the animal more muscular. This reduces the fat content of the meat and increases the profit per animal. With this any turkey can win the Tour De France :))

Last edited:
You can eat any chicken of any sex or age. You just have to cook them using an appropriate technique. The older they are the slower they need to be cooked and the more moisture you need to add.

Some chickens may not have much meat on them, but some people raise quail for meat. Not a lot of meat on one of those.

In China, Silkies with their black skin and purplish colored meat are considered a delicacy. Many people here not used to that would not like the appearance, but there is nothing unhealthy about eating Silkies or any other breed of chicken, just personal preference.

You can eat Polish chickens if you want to.

Thankyou!

TASTES LIKE CHICKEN!!!! ....lol sorry I had to
wee.gif

Haha!

Being serious ... about chicken and farm raised birds in general. I hunt and have eaten a lot of different birds from all around the country. Pheasant from western Kansas living in the grain fields wheat corn etc are wonderful but tough due to the flight muscles. Doves are very dark red meat. I would compare them to liver which is how I prepared them like a down south liver and onions. Wild Turkey is just great meat but again they spend more time running flying and doing things that make them tough.
The best way to get a chicken to be tender and juicy is to confine it with 10,000 other birds in close quarters and feed it a mixture of grain, meat protein, steroids and growth hormones. Do that and you can have a young tender bird in about 6 weeks butcher it right then because if allowed to grow it will quickly get so over weight that it will not be able to support its own weight and will die a pretty miserable death and possibly contract disease. But even then you can grind its carcass along with all the other waste from the chicken house and spread it across all the neighboring fields as fertilizer. Which then gets fed to the beef cows :) But hey don't worry about all those steroids and growth hormones and disease. It will all soak down below the water table and be washed away over time.........

On second thought... Eat those Polish chickens you will be happier and healthier

Ok, I don't beileve in using hormones/keeping in a small tight area. Although I will still raise meat birds!

Back
Top Bottom