Can you hear a gizzard grinding?

We have one cat carrier that we put in the night house for what I thought was the more "aggressive" drake, and after the nuisance the wee little guy was making of himself yesterday, I've arranged to go pick up a second. They don't have water in there at all, though. Just in their daytime home. The bigger one has primarily been aggressive toward the other guy, and after watching them for some time yesterday, it looked fairy justified. Maybe I've been locking up the wrong one.

The eggs were laid late afternoon, so they could potentially have both been mounting her for the outside one, but I can't see how they would have managed that in the nest box since she basically fills the thing by herself.

Whatever happened, they seem to have recovered, and the girls are in sync with each other for the first time EVER.
We've gone outside the last three days to find two same-sized eggs - all much bigger than the half-bantam had ever laid before. Prior to the walnut episode, there was a two size difference between the eggs laid by the two birds, and now they seem to be splitting the difference.
Weird, but I'm happy about it!

Whatever happened, they seem to have recovered, and the girls are in sync with each other for the first time EVER.
We've gone outside the last three days to find two same-sized eggs - all much bigger than the half-bantam had ever laid before. Prior to the walnut episode, there was a two size difference between the eggs laid by the two birds, and now they seem to be splitting the difference.
Weird, but I'm happy about it!
thumbsup.gif
always good to hear.

I hate to resurrect a dead thread but I started hearing similar noises in my birds as well, exactly how it was explained here; crackling-like sounds of a paperbag or quiet fire! You can hear it...quiet... hear it...quiet... hear it... so forth.
The birds I am hearing it from is my month n week old pigeon, which I noticed the sounds about 2-3 days ago while I was (gently) using him as a pillow. And now noitcing it in my sparrow who just turned 8yrs today.
I thought they were hungry sounds like how human stomachs make, do bird guts make the same noise when hungry?
I don't think I've ever heard my other pigeon make these noises, I bring both pigeons inside for the night after they've had some outside time in the coop. The sparrow is mostly an inside bird who I'll sometimes put outside on good days but now I'm starting to think someone may have transferred Something to someone if these noises are not normal.
All birds do things normally as usual, except for the younger pigeon who's become a picky eater recently, it's like he forgot how to eat the rest of the pigeon mix or he just doesn't like eating it the birds definitely prefer eating certain grains n seeds in their food first. Sparrow eats his parakeet seed mix, pellets, millet and occasional cat food and mealworms.
Did the duck ever stop making the weird stomach noises, was it something heard from time to time? Anyone else know what it could've been?? Can internal parasites be making these noises inside them? I looked at their droppings and nothing appeared unusual or moving. I just put some ACV this morning to see if it does anything.

Back
Top Bottom