can you identify my chicks?

Hi Chase, just a suggestion if you only want some chickens as pets, Serama are very good apt/townhouse chickens to have... But the eggs are tiny. Beneficial to have if for only pets but not if you want eggs. it'll take about 3 of their eggs to equal one med to lg egg. They aren't quite as loud as larger chickens and are very trusting in the most part. Especially when you raise them from chicks. Kinda like having a hookbill in equivalency. You can build a small coop on a back terrace for them to stay in and no one will even know they're there.

you were all 100% correct
sad.png
heres a couple of recent pics (excuse the mess)

41240_02012010076.jpg

41240_02012010077.jpg

i took back the brown and black pair this saturday, and got two laying girls about six months old. five eggs so far!
woot.gif
wee.gif

im still undecided as to what to do with the other boys, im thinking of keeping the small brown/cream one (in pic below) and giving away the white one (even though hes prettier) due to him being a lot larger than the girls. the neighbours recently put in a complaint about the noise in the early hours of the morning, bearing in mind they dont start crowing untill 8ish, but i can understand why.
th.gif
(im a little peeved they didnt come to me first!!!)
barnie.gif
ive read you can stop the crowing in the morning by putting them in a box at night, what sort of size should i be aiming for???

heres a couple of pictures of my remaining two boys and my new girls eating porridge this morning...
41240_05012010079.jpg

41240_05012010080.jpg

i still wasnt sure of the sex of my little roo untill i saw his behaviour around the girls when i introduced them, he didnt start crowing untill sunday, coincidence???
thanks for reading, chase.

Back
Top Bottom