can you post pics of a shed you turned into a coop

I had a shed delivered....mine was NOT $350! I wish! Mine was more like $1150. It measures 8x10 but has 3 windows, too.

I put a hardware cloth "screen door" on it and made 4 pop holes and 5 coops inside. I have 4 runs out of it and use the other coop space for "over nighters". I have 3 crates in that space for 3 sets of birds.

9332_front_of_shed.jpg

The screen door is great in the summer when it is still 90 degrees at 10 pm.

9332_inside_shed.jpg

I have to go through a coop to get to another but in 2 years it has worked out well. I really enjoy this little shed.

9332_inside_one.jpg

I have roosting boards in each one and the pop doors run on a rope from each door into the "foyer" so it is quick and easy to open and close them.

9332_back_of_shed.jpg

I now have covers above the pop doors outside to keep the wind and rain from coming in so much. The Silkies have a ramp but the other 3 have steps.

I still need to finish painting it but I was more concerned about the inside than the outside.

Hope this helps!
frow.gif

No, it was not $350.00, that was a sign for a discount. The shed as pictured with floor, paint, shingles, cabinets, shelves, vents, window, shutters was $2395.00 for the 8x10 at Lowes. I got it for $995.00 as a discontinued floor model. I paid $325 if I recall to have it delivered.

34566_scene_1_of_1-3.jpg

Quote:
ouch OK! its gorgeous though
thumbsup.gif
I thought I was going to have to make a huge road trip to that store and beg for the floor model!

Quote:
Just look at my BYC page. If you want more pics than that, let me know.
smile.png

eta: this was a free building that someone was going to use themselves for their chickens, but life changed and they needed to get rid of it. It happened to already be sitting on a trailer so they just moved it to our acreage. Once spring arrived, my hubby used whatever lumber and such we had laying around our place, we purchased very little to remodel it. It already had nesting boxes in it. It's not perfect, but it works and it didn't cost very much. It was a lot of hard work though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom