Can you tell me what breed and gender you think these are

novalady

Hatching
7 Years
May 21, 2012
I am new to having chickens these are about 8 weeks old I have a couple of them that I know are roos because I have caught them crowing. but have not been able to tell what the breed any of them are I have looked at the different breed photos and I think I might have a couple of Red Star but not sure on that. thanks for the help

I think this is a hen what breed?

Chicken 2 I think is a Roo what breed

chicken 3 I do not know either not a very big waddle or comb but from what I read that doesnt always mean anything depending on the breed

Chicken 4 is a Roo he was the first of the bunch to croo I also have a hen that looks like him so I have a pair but do not know what breed they are.

Chicken 5 I think is a hen and maybe a Red Star?

Checken 6 the lighter one I think is a hen also, but do not know breed. It started raining so they all went inside I will try and get photos of the others soon Thanks for the help

Chicken 5 is a Golden sex-link and that chick number 4 looks just like mine and i had the same question on his breed and when i made a thread for him i was told he was a "mottled ancona" or "Exchequer Leghorn" and i belive its the leghorn.... heres a pic of mine! very agressive as he attacks my nephews

Last edited:
Do you have any information about where you got these? Did you get them as chicks or just now, where from, if locally what breeds were available, etc?

1) looks like a dark cornish pullet
2) no idea, rooster
3) strange looking rooster, which makes me wonder where you got this assortment of birds...
4) ancona or exchequer leghorn - I'm not sure the difference but leaning toward leghorn
5&6) sex-link pullets

#1 Dark Corinsh
#2 Roo Might be a Black Cooper Maran
#3 Roo
#4 Roo Leghorn
#5 pullet Gold Star
#6 Pullet Buff Orpington maybe buff rock

I live in Oklahoma and they have Atwoods stores here that are a farm supply store they sell chicks so my daughter knowing that I love animals and fresh eggs decided that I needed some and bought me 12 chicks and 6 keets . But she did not tell me what kind they were susposed to be , 6 were susposed to be pullets and 6 were straight run. Thanks for the information on them.

Back
Top Bottom