Can you tell me what color these ORPINGTON's R? >>>UPDATE AT 16 WEEKS

I gonna say....

Just looking at the down color, there appears to be a blue, a black and maybe a splash. The two with stripes are beyond my knowledge. I am only stating this is what color they appear to be not what breed.

Now, I am only comparing what I know about ameraucana chicks. It is desired to get chicks with a little white on the face, chin and belly. Here are some pictures of blue and black chicks from the ABC site. Down color is a good indicator of "correct" breeding.

blacklf.jpg

bluelf.jpg

Last edited:
Jean, I always love seeing pics of your beautiful birds! Yep, the striped one is really stumping me on this one. There is at least one or two others that looks off color, too, I think I saw. Cant tell color on all the pictures. Maybe my eyes are getting worse, LOL.

Last edited:
I think the rooster is a Blue Wyandotte and not a Blue Orp..... same kind of comb and leg coloring....

I am looking at the website photos and the rooster does not look like an orpington to me. The legs are light colored and the comb is a rosecomb. I agree he is more likely to be a blue wyandotte.

Did anyone else get eggs from this person that you can compare?

I did search up a few who purchased eggs from her and have not heard back from them yet. Was wondering what colors they got...and that way I know if I just got the wrong eggs maybe OR if her roo is a mix? I hope I hear back from them soon. There were two that I seen ordered eggs.​

Back
Top Bottom