Can you tell me what color these ORPINGTON's R? >>>UPDATE AT 16 WEEKS

On the website the hens do look like blues and not black...I did see that...and they do look like blue orp hens....I just don't know where all the yellow is coming from....

m kinda partial to the little one with the under eye liner look...PLEASE be a PULLET!!! oh and ahhh please make sure it isnt one of hangins favorites....lol i had to try

lau.gif
Ya that one is a cute one isn't it! This should be fun to see what we have here!​

I just don't know where all the yellow is coming from....

YUP and I thought they were suppose to look a little yellow when they were splash so I was all excited and then started to get reply's telling me they are NOT suppose to look like that
hit.gif
UGH! I wanted splash orps SO badly too
sad.png

Thanks Miss Prissy...I'm upset but yet these babies are SO cute and helpless...I'm hoping to just get a refund when I contact her after the last baby hatches and find someone else to order some splash orps from.
fl.gif

OK just visiting my babies and the last one is zipping
big_smile.png
He is 1/4 way around the egg so far and still working. Whatever these are they are STRONG birds. For everyone of them...after the initial pip they started zipping 12 hours afterward. And within a 1/2 hour to an hour after that they hatch! After this one is out I will have a 100% hatch! THEN it's time to clean the bator (remember, I have three hatch dates) and get ready for my Serama hatch on the 11th. So far, so good...everyone is still alive and doing well
wink.png
What I decided to do while cleaning the bottom parts is put the top part which blows the warm air, over a small box with the eggs inside that with a wet rag. It should only take me 15 min to clean it and get it reset back up. All the while I had the humidity set at 60% throughout the hatch. With the exception during the night last night (while the other three hatched) it did spike to 75% for about an hour or so. I HOPE that did not hurt the other eggs. Now it's back down to 60 for the last egg and then I will put it to 55 until the next hatch is hatching. In the meantime I have been hand turning all the other eggs 4 times a day (the are in an egg carton so it makes it fast). WHEW what a week!

In the last 2 weeks I have hatched nearly a dozen splashes. Now I have to wait and see who is a pullet and who will crow! LOL

Miss Prissy do you have any orp eggs your selling? Blue/splash? I would be VERY interested in getting some from you if you are.​

I won't have anything until late fall at best.

Darn! Do you know of anyone who sells NICE blue/splash orps? I do realize that some do not ship in the hot weather which is ok...very understandable...but if you know of anyone I can get them from maybe Sept let me know who you would recommend. Or if anyone knows please send info
wink.png
It's still been pretty cool here in WI for being July weather! In fact today it's 75 out. Waiting also gives me a chance to see what I end up with with these little guys too.​

Back
Top Bottom