Candid game cam pix: and the life of my chickens

Got what I needed. Dang kids brought the puppy by several times. Got pix, including one of it chasing my Dominique rooster. Got my heart pounding just seeing it!!!! The dog is not pure Pitty, has too big of ears, and it's not as small or as white colored as FIL described to me. I got LOTS of pix of it.

Fortunately, all roos are accounted for at roosting tonight, but that dog is as good as dead!!!!!!!!
somad.gif

HUNT0108.JPG

HUNT0144.JPG

Last edited:
wait a cotton picking minute here.... back on page one... the 12th picture... I can't believe nobody saw it... you caught your chickens RED HANDED -ORDERING DELIVERY PIZZA! I wonder if thats where my spare change has been disappearing to?
lau.gif

good pics,,, game cams are nifty, huh?

Interesting pix I got today. Now KIDS are chasing my birds??
I put the camera in a new spot, which picks up people closer to the road, but I don't like the angle very well so I will probably try another spot tomorrow. Anyways, here's what I got:

Myself going to water on my way to work this morning:
HUNT0025.JPG

Kids getting off school decide to visit I guess.......
rant.gif

HUNT0070.JPG

HUNT0071.JPG

HUNT0073.JPG

HUNT0075.JPG

HUNT0076.JPG

HUNT0081.JPG

HUNT0082.JPG

HUNT0083.JPG

I told you I had to deal with 2-legged predators
rant.gif

Perhaps instead of animal control, I need to call "child control" ..... I mean CPS. Or at least the cops. ARG!!!

First, tell the neighbors (maybe in notarized letter form) that you have photographic evidence of a) their dog chasing your chickens on your property and b) their kids coming onto your property without you being home and doing who knows what without parental supervision. Politely but firmly let them know that you expect your property to no longer be trespassed upon by either the dog or kids. Let them know that if it continues to be an issue, you will have no recourse but to notify the proper authorities.

Upon receipt of this letter, they have officially been told to not trespass. From there on out, if they or their dogs return, the police can charge the parents/kids, whoever with trespassing and they will face potential jail time and/or stiff fines. You may want to call the police now and get their take on it. Explain that if something happens to your birds it could affect your livelihood or finances and that you don't want to approach the neighbors yourself because it could escalate into a problem and you need the police to intervene however they can.

Good luck: we have problems at the moment with our neighbor's dogs and cats so I know how you feel because they don't seem to care either.

BigDaddy'sGurl :

First, tell the neighbors (maybe in notarized letter form) that you have photographic evidence of a) their dog chasing your chickens on your property and b) their kids coming onto your property without you being home and doing who knows what without parental supervision. Politely but firmly let them know that you expect your property to no longer be trespassed upon by either the dog or kids. Let them know that if it continues to be an issue, you will have no recourse but to notify the proper authorities.

Upon receipt of this letter, they have officially been told to not trespass. From there on out, if they or their dogs return, the police can charge the parents/kids, whoever with trespassing and they will face potential jail time and/or stiff fines. You may want to call the police now and get their take on it. Explain that if something happens to your birds it could affect your livelihood or finances and that you don't want to approach the neighbors yourself because it could escalate into a problem and you need the police to intervene however they can.

Good luck: we have problems at the moment with our neighbor's dogs and cats so I know how you feel because they don't seem to care either.

I am uploading the pictures onto a USB drive right now. I do plan to speak with the police about this. I've had to call them out for night time prowlers, and I've also had a live trap stolen. I'm not putting up with them just because they are "just kids" that's for dang sure!!!!!!

Not only does it threaten my animals and stuff, the property is not safe for unsupervised kids. There is part of a condemned house on it, waiting to be burned.....​

Last edited:
Big Daddy's Gurl nailed it, but I would add making a call to CPS right now, with these pix as your complaint that your neighbors are endangering the welfare of their children by not supervising them.

CPS may solve this for you a lot more quickly than the cops can.

what is it with the CPS comments? A little ridiculous people.....that is an agency for ABUSED children that should not be USED to irritate a neighbor you don't like. Like social workers don't have enough LEGITIMATE cases to deal with than this petty nonsense. Get real and don't waste their time. As for the pictures....I agree the dog one would tick me off because it was obviously chasing a rooster but I never even saw a bird in any of the photos with the children. It looks like they were there (no more than 10 feet off the road) for a minute or two and showed NOTHING to indicate they were terrorizing, chasing, or hurting anything. If you don't want them on your property tell them AND the parents and then go from there. It does look like there is plenty they can hurt themselves on. Most people don't freak out over stuff like this and other than the shot of the dog chasing your roo you have no evidence that the kids were hurting anything. You are just way over-reacting. Dog though....different story.

Just wondering because I cannot remember is that property posted with No Trespassing signs?

Like it has already been stated contact the police and send the letter certified.

Don't want to scare you, but if those kids get hurt messing around that property the owner can be held liable.

Back
Top Bottom