Candling pics...help. So many questions.

LOL...I am almost afraid to see what they look like to be honest!!! However, we will love them no matter what. It is definitely going to be a surprise in every egg!!!

How are things going with your little one? Any changes?

Still kicking... there's a good sized hole, but I think he's resting now. I'm being good and letting him go at his own pace. I just keep checking to make sure he's breathing... I'd be devastated if he died after pipping...
th.gif

His "mom" wants eggs back next year so she can keep his line going, too...
smile.png

I've taken a few, but he's still pretty wet and goopy.
big_smile.png
I promise I'll post one when he's all dry. Yes... it's a HE!!!!! LOL!
yippiechickie.gif

I just can't wait to see the little sweetie!!!! If you give him a good, strong, male, name and keep saying "him" I am pretty sure he has no choice but to be male!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

how can i candle them well? I can't see anything! It's Probably because I have brown eggs!

I REALLY had trouble with my brown eggs....and these are just normal brown. What I finally did (yeah, I HAD to know) was let it sit there and "rest" for a few seconds then moved myself around it until I saw a darker dot...couldn't really make out much in the way of veins though. What day are you on? Good luck.
smile.png

Oh, and here is what I am using. I took a drop light and removed the metal ring...put a standard light bulb. This one is 75w but I think I need to change to 100w. I then took a flat Priority shipping box, sealed one end and cut a small hole (about quarter sized) in that end. I cut off about half the length to make it closer to the bulb, placed it over the light and wrapped it with a blanket to prevent loss of light. Sit the egg on the hole and it really works!!!!!

Last edited:
P5100048.jpg

I think it's a girl, after all... we'll have to see. They can be sexed at birth, but I only have photos to compare them too, and I was looking at the wrong one.

P5100044.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom