Can't figure These Out! *UPDATE*

looked up welsummer and the chicks are supposed to have a V shape on their head when they hatch, this one was just a light redish brown color. no other shape/coloring when I got her. The feathers do look exactly like theirs though!

Looking at the black and white one again, my money is on it being an EE. The leg coloring is part of the reasoning and the other is that I don't know of any breed that would have that sort of coloring that is not also feather legged. EEs don't have to have muffs or tufts or anything. I have looked at dozens of EEs people have posted on here that looked like another breed entirely but they had the green legs and laid tinted eggs. They are mutts (unless you get true Araucanas or Ameraucanas), so you can get quite a variety of colorings. Time will tell though. I know most of us get all excited and want to know now and second guess everything until the chicks get big enough that all doubt is removed.

Minnie, thanks for the pic! I think that might be a good match! I will post more pics and it feathers out more, I am curious!

Quote:
could be, I thought that at first when I brought them home. I had them before and they looked like it as day old chicks, though they looked different as the feathers started to come in.

Some EE's don't have a beard, EE's can be anything
hmm.png

Quote:
No EEs cannot be anything. That is a huge misconception on this site.

Oops, I should have said that they can look like anything

Ok, sorry if I was a jerk, but been on another thread with that discussion this morning, so wearing a little thin on EEs...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom