Cant tell chicks apart. Buff Orpington or EEs? updated with more pics on pg 2

At least they are all egg layers. Thats the main thing. Next time Ill buy my EEs from someone who I know will give me EEs. I thought rocks had single combs tho and these 2 have pea combs like my brahmas.

Last edited:
I figured Id update this with what Ive figured out and post a few more pics of 2 of the chicks since I still have no idea what they are. The 3 brown feathered ones are in fact BOs. I think 2 of them may be roos but I posted pics of them to see if anyone had any guesses and its still a little early to tell. Anyway the 2 with white feathers are still stumping me. They both have pea combs and they are startin to get some brownish feathers in. The feathers are white with a brown stripe down the center. Heres some pics of them. Any new ideas on what they might be?

i dont know either but i think i have 5 of them in yard mostly white and little brown on them hard to see in my video

one is leghorn one is black silk i think
the others are all from same batch and have brown n feathers and lay brown eggs

I figured Id update this with what Ive figured out and post a few more pics of 2 of the chicks since I still have no idea what they are. The 3 brown feathered ones are in fact BOs. I think 2 of them may be roos but I posted pics of them to see if anyone had any guesses and its still a little early to tell. Anyway the 2 with white feathers are still stumping me. They both have pea combs and they are startin to get some brownish feathers in. The feathers are white with a brown stripe down the center. Heres some pics of them. Any new ideas on what they might be?

EEs :)

NOT MY PICS
EEroo_kai_6weeks.jpg

EEroo_kai_6weeks.jpg
EEroo_kai_6weeks.jpg
068667eb_ElsieTheEasterEgger.jpeg

P1280818.jpg

images

They could be buff cornish...do you know what hatchery the chicks come from? I would probably have to say though, that they are very very poor hatchery quality EE's. IF they are EE's with the peacomb, they could lay colored eggs for you. Even though people say that EEs come in any color/comb/variety..ect..MOST hatcheries DO have a standard that their EE's look like (muffs/peacomb).

Could you post updated pics of them all? I'm curious to see what they look like now! I'll hazard a guess that the two with pea combs are EEs, possibly a third with a single comb (it does happen). I can't really tell, but is that a muff on the last pic of your first post? What's that one looking like now?

Congrats on your adorable, enigmatic chicks
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom