Capillaria parasite - how to treat?

We just threw it away but had picked through it pretty well… I can’t find it. It was red like Sriracha sauce. We will look for the mites and lace but have seen nothing suspicious…

It is 75° outside right now… And I think only about 65 tonight. Is that warm enough? I think it’s cooler inside… Though I do have a snuggle bed but I could get a little warm?

She looks really sick and I think she needs to be in a room or cage that's ~80 degrees, but I understand that's not an option for lots of people.

I just checked her Coop mate and another girl for mites and lice and don’t see anything. I would be happy to warm up the pet bed it stays warm for eight hours and she can choose to move off of it if she wants to and it warms the ambient temperature a bit. We have about 30 minutes before sunset should I let the other girl sleep with her tonight… I would be nervous putting her in the coop with the other older girls yet… They’ve only been here for three weeks.Thank you for your help!

Sorry that she is looking worse. She can have 3/4 ml of the fenbendazole daily if she is 3 pounds. Her appearance looks almost like she has wry neck. Is her neck stuck in the downward position, or is her neck just so weak that she cannot hold it up. Is it limp? The blood in her stool could be capillary worms. If you have electrolytes or nutridrench, I would give her some.

We just gave her 1/2 cc Since it is day five and this was the reddest poop we have seen. Maybe I have not been dosing her enough?

I will look into Wry neck...Literally she was bouncy and springy this morning early afternoon and now this… She did wake up for a few minutes and walked around With her neck like normal with her eyes mostly closed and now she’s back down again. She won’t drink water… I dip her beak in it and she’ll lick a little bit but that’s it.

Would you recommend I stay on the pet safe for another five days if she can last that longAt the higher dosage? I am really grateful to everyone for their help, I feel so helpless!

Well she was vaccinated I’m told for the Coccocidiosis though that’s what I took The stool in to be checked specifically for.... I don’t know about a false negative and if that’s common?

Pet safe is Fenbendazole If I’m spelling it correctly… I have been treating them with that for five days, half cc.

Attachments

• 6616BA38-BA6B-4B06-B902-B89F2F745AB4.jpeg
    6616BA38-BA6B-4B06-B902-B89F2F745AB4.jpeg
    457.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom