careful what you wish for - broody - she's backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Quote:
Spent most of the day on the nest yesterday. Came back off of it last night.
barnie.gif

I think broody hens can be overrated! We had a buff orp that went broody ALL THE TIME. Great when you want to hatch eggs, but when she sits on all the other eggs and pecks at my wife's hand when she's collecting eggs... well, that doesn't go over very well.

Quote:
Gee, not sure whether that makes me feel better or not.
hmm.png

Besides, Lil' Bit is half-blind. She only makes contact between her beak and my hand when she's trying NOT to peck my hand. You should see how many hits my roo takes to his face when he's trying to beak feed her. He's learned not to flinch.
gig.gif

Quote:
hmm.png

Besides, Lil' Bit is half-blind. She only makes contact between her beak and my hand when she's trying NOT to peck my hand. You should see how many hits my roo takes to his face when he's trying to beak feed her. He's learned not to flinch.
gig.gif

lau.gif

Quote:
hmm.png

gig.gif

lau.gif

My poor roo is long suffering and hen pecked (literally)
roll.png
but I love him because he is so good with Lil' Bit. He seems to know she's not right and he allows things from her he wouldn't tolerate from the other hens.

Back
Top Bottom