Carolina Chickenstock Spring 2013

Don't count on all venders to provide boxes.

The easiest way to keep chicks warm is in a cardboard box(holes cut for air). Place in some shavings and a hot hands. I actually use the hothands for feet/boots that last 6-9 hours. I always have a few in the truck just in case, along with a couple 12" square free USPS boxes. A few minutes before I need the box warm I open the package and place the warmer in the box on one side. If you don't have shavings a towel or something is needed for traction. Cardboard is slick.

Once when I brought chicks up from SC I had to stop to see what the noise from the box was. The chicks were 'dusting' and playing in the shavings.

Matt

Look at the beginning of the messages and all info is there :)
First Page says 18 May flyer says 11May
idunno.gif

Those Bronze turkeys are so awesome. I may wind up getting one or two from you all!

I want .......don't really need..... but really want, more lavender Silkies. I keep telling myself it would push that Sizzle project along much faster to get more! :oops:

Don't count on all venders to provide boxes.

The easiest way to keep chicks warm is in a cardboard box(holes cut for air).  Place in some shavings and a hot hands.  I actually use the hothands for feet/boots that last 6-9 hours.  I always have a few in the truck just in case, along with a couple 12" square free USPS boxes.  A few minutes before I need the box warm I open the package and place the warmer in the box on one side.  If you don't have shavings a towel or something is needed for traction.  Cardboard is slick.

Once when I brought chicks up from SC I had to stop to see what the noise from the box was.  The chicks were 'dusting' and playing in the shavings.

Matt

Hmmmmm, don't know why any birds would want to dust bathing in clean shavings like that. However, if they were from me they probably had not ever been in shavings. LOL

Hmmmmm, don't know why any birds would want to dust bathing in clean shavings like that. However, if they were from me they probably had not ever been in shavings. LOL

It was the group of welsummer chicks a couple years ago. They were making all kinds of racket in the box on the way home.

Matt

Have a quick question,......may be kind of stupid, but I'm a newbie at this.......
Is there any kind of disease control or regulations for vendors bringing birds to this, for sale? I would hate to bring in a new bird to my flock and be bringing in new diseases as well.....

Back
Top Bottom