Carolina Chickenstock Spring 2013

I'm pretty sure I asked you this but I can't find the post. Will all your chicks be straight run? They are beautiful!! Especially your project chick. Your pictures make me want all of them.
There are a few of the older chicks (about 3 weeks old) that you can almost guess the sex on, but yes - these are all sold as straight run.

We will have Oxine for sale tomorrow, 16oz jars undiluted as well at some pre-mixed ready to spray bottles.

$15/ 16oz jars
$5/ pre-mixed

$18/ for 1 of each

Let me know if you are interested, qtys are limited.

I have a few pairs of 50% English choc/ cuckoo orpingtons left. I am also bringing a pair of gold laced orpingtons , a few frizzle Cochins, calico Cochins and a ultra rare bantam jubilee rooster 100% english

Ok...I am loaded...Have 13 Wheaten/Blue wheaten Ameraucana hatching eggs ,9 BLRW hatching eggs,8 mixed breed duck eggs...a pair of Bantam Easter eggers(are full Ameraucana but not a matched pair so chicks would be mixed color or "EE's" but both are SQ and have been shown ) and a pair of Mille Fleur D'Uccles (not my stock) plus 4 six week old mixed breed ducklings (Soooo cute!) !! Stop by and say HI as I love to talk to everyone =)

Last edited:
Heres what I'm planning on bringing Saturday.....

Silver- laced Cochin pair
Bantam Black Cochin mix hen
White Call duck drake
Bantam Ameraucana pairs in white and lavender
White Call ducklings
Bantam Silver laced Cochin chicks
Bantam Cochin chicks
Blue wheaten ameraucana chicks
Porcelain D'uccle chicks
Lg fowl buff Cochin chicks
Bantam ameraucana chicks, white and lavender
Green Melanistic pheasant chicks

Hatching eggs:
Melanistic pheasants, Porcelain d'uccles, bantam Silver laced Cochins, bantam ameraucana lav and white, lg fowl blue wheaten ameraucana

Will try and get pictures posted soon, just having trouble with that.

How much are your Call Ducklings? How many do you have?

on our way with
pair lg partridge wyandotte
9 bronze turkey 7 week olds
15 bronze turkey 3 week olds
8 lg partridge wyandotte 6 week olds
15 mille fluer d'anver 6 weeks old

cant miss us in the big van with the dobermans painted all around

Last edited:
Well, home at last and all unloaded! As usual, it was fun and friends and everyone chatting up a storm.

There was so much to see and so many folks to talk with! There is Sam Bam (dixiebeast) and Gavin talking over some poultry pleasure. It was cloudy but very warm, in my opinion. And Matt in the background wandering around making sure everyone is behaving themselves.

The field started filling up quickly after the gates were opened. And the amount of canopy's that were popping up every where was amazing! Everyone was ready for a day of fun in the sun and it seemed like this would be another lovely day of buying, selling, trading and camaraderie!

Robert and Kris (KrisH) set up their pens across from us with all their amazing birds. SC was well represented once again with a small group of us set up together but we were surrounded by plenty of other friends from other places, too.

Everything went great for the first hour or so and then we started watching pretty umbrellas pop out!

And it rained and it rained and it rained but shoppers and friends didn't slow down too much!
It was really nice when the rain let up long enough for the raffle to be held.

But the umbrellas were not put away for long and everyone decided wet birds did not sell too well. Although the ducks enjoyed the fun! People started leaving a bit earlier than planned and as far as I know not too many had to be pushed out of the bottom muddy area, though we pitched in to get a few out. What a shame construction had made our regular spot less grassy.

Justin Massey leans on his tailgate in the rain waiting for the next buyer to come along. The canopy's are great for sun or rain and I think we all had a blast even if it was cut a bit shorter than we would have liked. I am sure we are all excited for the next one and are planning on taking some items we had not thought to bring this time.

All in all, I was very impressed with birds and products as Mary Bell (SouthernBeeLady) and I walked around looking at things and chatting with a few folks. We would love to have visited more but the rain was coming down a bit harder than we had thought it would and escaped to our own set ups to get out of the rain.

We owe Trish and Amy a big round of applause for all the hard work they put into this and to Trish's husband for doing a good bit of work on it also!

Back
Top Bottom