Votes: 46 18.8%

Votes: 22 9.0%

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • more than five

Votes: 42 17.1%

• Total voters
Thank you
1f60a.png

My 18 month old cat Sooty (neutered) and my 4 month old kitten Harper (female). This photo was taken a while ago, she has grown since then. They are my babies
1f60d.png

Our newest addition to the family!
Adopted today
smile.png
from a shelter in middlebury.
Her name is Ivy.

Our boy sully is very curious if her already! Thankfully we're both fixed!

*Sully enjoying some sun on the cat tree as Ivy enjoys the comfy arm chair*
ivy looks like my lobas twin! they look exactly alike same coloring too.

ivy looks like my lobas twin! they look exactly alike same coloring too.

Oh I want I see :)
I love kitties, well I love almost all animals, furry, scaley, creepy, crawly, feather and finned alike!
I've always loved the long furry mains on kitties though the most. Ivy is a long hair domestic, but sully is almost fully mainecoon, little mix in there but almost all coon.

Oh I want I see
smile.png

I love kitties, well I love almost all animals, furry, scaley, creepy, crawly, feather and finned alike!
I've always loved the long furry mains on kitties though the most. Ivy is a long hair domestic, but sully is almost fully mainecoon, little mix in there but almost all coon.
my mom used to have a mane-coon mix too. he was fluffy and big but he sounded like a little kitten when he meowed. wanted only fresh water too kind of funny. she had him for 11 or 12 years i cant remember. yes ill have to get a picture of her.

my mom used to have a mane-coon mix too. he was fluffy and big but he sounded like a little kitten when he meowed. wanted only fresh water too kind of funny. she had him for 11 or 12 years i cant remember. yes ill have to get a picture of her.
Oh my that's to funny, sully sounds the same and he's huge too!

My cats name is Toffee! She is really lazy... Does anyone know how to chicken/proof cats?

Do you mean make sure cats don't go after chickens? Generally a well fed cat will ignore full-sized adults. If you have chicks I would suggest keeping them in a pen until they are fast and large enough to avoid predators. Also watch out for bantams, especially silkies and cochins, which are terrible at escaping from predators. I've lost silkies to a stray that use to hang out at our place. We rehomed him after we lost a fair amount of chicks and silkies to his predatory nature. Our cats raised with the chickens, however, never touch them.

This is a pic of Toffee (she is asleep
1f634.png
)

She is so pretty!

We only had trouble with the chicks and cats when the chicks were really little. We never lost any but had to keep them in a enclosed pen and the kitties would sit and stare and try and figure how to get them. Now the chicks are 4 weeks old and while we keep them in a enclosed pen still (bigger now) the cats don't seem nearly as interested in them. As adult hens they never had any interest in them, too big I think to bother with, but yes we always had larger breeds in the past.

Back
Top Bottom