Cayuga ducks first eggs

My March 20 duck just laid her first egg 💃🏼 it’s not black, though. Also not fertile because my drake is 2 months younger and doesn’t know what to do.

Attachments

• IMG_5888.jpeg
    IMG_5888.jpeg
    959.3 KB · Views: 8
My March 20 duck just laid her first egg 💃🏼 it’s not black, though. Also not fertile because my drake is 2 months younger and doesn’t know what to do.
Found a black egg today! It’s possible my May hatch duck laid it as her first, but I can’t be sure…my two ducks and even turkey lay eggs in the same place 🙄 I’ve recently begun leaving the eggs to see if they’ll go broody since I’ve seen successful mating by the drake.

Attachments

• IMG_6321.jpeg
    IMG_6321.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6322.jpeg
    IMG_6322.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6317.jpeg
    IMG_6317.jpeg
    660 KB · Views: 3
In the nest pic above you can see two speckly eggs (turkey not duck). I’ll rotate those out as duck keeps adding. I think a turkey hen could raise ducklings, but duck mama would equal drowned poults 😱
Cayuga egg #2 today on the right:

Attachments

• IMG_6325.jpeg
    IMG_6325.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 3
Wow, so turkey eggs are blk? I did not know this, and Cayuga egg is the other one. I was under the impression Cayuga laid close to blk and they got lighter as they kept laying?
No, the dark ones are Cayuga duck. In the nest pic above you can see my other Cayuga’s eggs and two turkey eggs (speckly) that my hen snuck in the duck nest 😆 Mixed flocks are fun, I’m not sure what will happen once my geese start laying!

Back
Top Bottom