cchickens ate rotten eggs?

kellyjo8437

Songster
8 Years
Sep 19, 2011
Dunnellon
I now have 4 hens and 1the roo who free roam for bug control (ahhhh Florida!). Well long story short I was out today feeding and watering and caught a few of them eating goose eggs. My worry is this is an old nest not found till yesterday when we had some hard rain. The eggs would be a rotten by now I'd assume.... they were running around like fools with pieces of eggshells chasing each other for them. If they did to eat the contents will they get sick should I do anything or is this okay. I picked up all the remaining egg and disposed of them is there anything else I should do? They are all full grown huge healthy and very active. I don't know if they ate them yesterday and today or just today. Thanks for any advice.

they are fine i have ducks and quails the duck live with the quails and eat rotten eggs all the time they are fine. Good more protean.
gig.gif

I've just had this problem. Entirely my fault, sometimes i cook up older eggs for the chickens and mix it in with their treats, it was only when i got back to the kitchen that i noticed the stench, i must have had a bucket on my head when i fried them, anyway i msut have fed them a bad egg. I hope they will be alright, i still feel like chucking up.

Back
Top Bottom