Central Florida Poultry/Small Livestock Swap & Sale June 18th Ocala

My Gosh FLChicken! Glad the hubby is better, but that must have been one he-double fenceposts of a predator! to tear your LGD apart. Do you know what it was? I would definitely set a trap for that one and if it is a cougar or even bobcat have the Tampa Big cat rescue come and get it. If coyote, well, I think you might know what to do. Hope it did not freak out the kids too much.

Susan

Yeah boys said it was two bobs oldest was afraid to shoot for fear he would hit the dog. Dog is dirty and sore, but ok otherwise. He won't come inside for nothing, patrolling the fence line tonight non stop. Warned my closest neighbor as they have a small beagle didn't want to see her get pounced by them. He said he will keep an eye from his side of things and spot lights on.

All the flocks are locked in buildings tonight. They aren't happy, but they are safe. My geese are so so scared and tense tonight.

Oh and hubby tells me, no don't miss the swap. Men! He should come home tomorrow, and is nuts thinking I won't be camped next to him.

Shellie

Last edited by a moderator:
All loaded up except for the birds but they are in cages and ready to be loaded.
wind14.gif

Sorry to hear about all your excitement FlChickens. Hubby is more important than a swap, there will be many more.
For those of you who have never been to our place and don't have a GPS here are the directions:

Coming from Ocala;
Head West on Hwy 40 towards Dunnellon
Come out approx 11 miles to 140th and turn right.
Go approx 1 mile to 3rd Place and turn right. (small dirt road) (If you come to the stop sign on 140th you have gone about a block too far)
On 3rd Place take your next right onto 139th
Follow 139th for 2 blocks and it will turn left onto 5th Place
Come down about 100 yards and we are on the right.

Coming from Dunnellon or Williston;
Come North or South on Hwy 41 to Hwy 40 and head East
Follow Hwy 40 Approx 9 miles to 140th and turn left.
Go approx 1 mile to 3rd Place and turn right. (small dirt road) (If you come to the stop sign on 140th you have gone about a block too far)
On 3rd Place take your next right onto 139th
Follow 139th for 2 blocks and it will turn left onto 5th Place
Come down about 100 yards and we are on the right.

Some GPS' will bring you in on CR 328. I was lazy and didn't put signs up on 328 except at the intersection with 140th so follow your GPS.

You can unload in the driveway and then we ask people to park in the ditches as much as possible. They are firm and you won't get stuck. And if you did we could always pull you out.

Bring what you need such as tables, chairs and canopies. Hope you all remembered to stop by the bank to get small bills for buying and selling. The nearest bank is about 15 miles away but there is a little store just up the road.

We were not able to secure a port-a-pottie for the day so please go pee before you get here. Our house is being bombed while we are running the swap so you won't be able to get in to use our restroom. Sorry

The weather is not supposed to be too bad tomorrow morning at least so we hope to see you all here.

The next swap will be held on July 30th at the home of Julio and Jackie Moncado just off Hwy 200.

Quote:
If you still have any of the geese you lost and hav=a-hart trap, put the bird in it and you will have a big kitty by morning. If you need # for Big Cat Rescue to take care of it, PM me.

All loaded up and ready to head out to my first swap! I'll be asking a ton of questions!! Lol. Driving from east coast Brevard County so I'll be there closer to 930
smile.png

Had a blast at the swap. Susan - sorry we missed ya. Sold my young Dark Brahmas and swaped SJisty some Partridge Brahmas...not a bad day!

Back
Top Bottom