Change of plans

This is where they have decided the best place to dustbath is, smdh

Attachments

• 20210413_160836.jpg
    20210413_160836.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 33
I'd give it a day or two more, just to make sure, and if still no signs of issues, they can just freely mingle.
Awesome! I might just wait till this weekend, then I can change out the coop bedding and give everything a good refreshing 😁

This is where they have decided the best place to dustbath is, smdh
I love that! You made this wonderful dust bath for them, and the go rip up the sod and make a pit of their own. I guess the shady side of the cabin was a nice spot from their perspective. Mine like to dust bath in the warmest part of the run. Mine is in a big tote, that I move to the sunny spot to 'maximize' the bathing pleasure.

I love that! You made this wonderful dust bath for them, and the go rip up the sod and make a pit of their own. I guess the shady side of the cabin was a nice spot from their perspective. Mine like to dust bath in the warmest part of the run. Mine is in a big tote, that I move to the sunny spot to 'maximize' the bathing pleasure.
Hopefully they'll get with the program and go to the assigned sauna area, lol, wishful thinking

Taking it down during a clean out would work great, as it serves as a bit of a distraction. It'd probably ok even if you want to take it down now, but I'd rather be safe than sorry especially if you're at work most of the day.
That's kind of what I figured, give them a few more days to get accustomed to each other then I'll take it down clean everything up and put in a temp roost for them since they use the one in their safe house now

So every morning around 6:30 I go out and open the pop door for the ladies and they go out and the littles follow later. This morning it was sooo cute, I went in said good morning ladies, opened the pop door and everyone went out together♥️ I just wanted to stand there and watch them, but I had to go do grown up stuff, like work, lol

Named the welsummer yesterday, Mrs Scarlet. Her eyes are so pretty! When I went to close the coop door last night they were all up roosting with the bigs. No camera :he:he see if I can get a pic tonight, fixing on going out and taking their safe house down and cleaning

Attachments

• 20210416_174517.jpg
    20210416_174517.jpg
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 31

Back
Top Bottom