Change of plans

Pics
First of all, DH told me the other day that he was going to build me two additional raised garden beds in February, I said fantastic! Monday, I checked the mail, and wouldn't you know it, my Baker Creek catalog was in there, so I placed a huge order yesterday (going to grow some quinoa and some other new stuff that will keep in the pantry and freezer) I'll post a list after my order arrives. Second, I walked out the door this morning at 6:15 to go to work and heard my big man crow for the first time! I was absolutely delighted!

Monday, I checked the mail, and wouldn't you know it, my Baker Creek catalog was in there, so I placed a huge order yesterday
Yeah I just got my catalog too - gotta get a list together of what I need for next year, because they get sold out/backed up on orders pretty fast once the weather starts improving.

Yeah I just got my catalog too - gotta get a list together of what I need for next year, because they get sold out/backed up on orders pretty fast once the weather starts improving.
Yes ma'am! I got shafted last year on a couple things I really wanted because I waited. I placed my order yesterday, and got the confirmation email today that it sent, there are a few things I need to start inside before spring so they don't get spent when the heat hits

@rosemarythyme @Iluveggers I've never start plants inside, any recommendations for a simple seed starter? I was looking on Amazon, but geez talk about variety.
My set up's too expensive lol (much of it came as gifts). I have a 2 tier grow light stand from Gardener's Supply Co, a heating mat, and for the pots I used to use the fancy little pod starter sets but they're a waste of money IMO. Nowadays I save plastic pots from nursery plants and fill them with "starter mix" - 4" pots are ideal for me, not too big or small and very commonly available.

I start peppers and eggplant in January, then basil and tomatoes around Feb (they grow faster).

Back
Top Bottom