Change ordinance laws in west Chicago! Sign my petition!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I signed for you.
smile.png

I sure hope you can get those laws changed!!

I signed, hope it helps. Won't they consider your chickens as being "grand fathered" in? You had them before the ordinance change.

Last edited:
I do utility work in West Chicago and I can tell you there are quite a few houses with chickens especially around Pioneer School and around the Jewel. Perhaps asking Scott at Bob's Salt and Feed would allow you to post a flyer on the bulletin board.

Really? Do you know when the ordinance changed? I tried looking it up and couldn't find any info on it!! And thank you all for signing !! Means a lot!

And yes I'm going to go to bobs salt and feed and trellis in st Charles and post flyer! I emailed a guy at the city hall in st Charles asking how the zoning was modified in their area. The city counsel meeting is August 4th Monday which is our deadline when were suppose to get rid of our chickens :( I need as many people to come down there if we want this change :)

I work with the city employees quite often, they are under the impression that two hens for personal use is ok. According to a friend of mine who is on city council, and pro chicken, that is not the case. The ordinance states not allowed within city limits. Code of Ordinances. Ch. 11. Article 2. Div. 6. Sec. 11-78 prohibited animals. I asked the Mayor why once, but he got side tracked and not gave me an answer. I know there is a big concern with the demographics about cockfighting.

Back
Top Bottom