Changed my hatching egg prices

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Just an update for anyone considering buying eggs from me. Coturnix hatching eggs will now be $20 per 20+ eggs. Because I am now shipping UPS with tracking. This price includes the boxes I buy specifically for shipping, the wrapping material for the individual eggs, tape tape and more tape.

I just reciently read on here (i think Shelley talked about it on the hatching post) that she'll never buy through mail again because UPS was pretty good...so when my mom called me this morning (she ships out my packages for me from her work) she told me that UPS would be around the same price (about $9.75 for the small package I sent out, )so after figuring out prices with mom, we decieded to be safe, for 20+ eggs I should do $12 for shipping UPS with tracking so that gives me $8 "profit" if you can call it that lol! When you add in the price of the wrapping, the boxes (they're $1 a box) and the tape I use I end up "profiting" much less. So for anyone who is disgusted at my price change...sorry, look elsewhere if it bugs ya too much. I'm NOT going to make big on selling eggs. I'm doing it because I love it it's exciting helping other people get my birds that I'm proud to breed selectively. Any mula I do make, that'll be a new bag of feed woot!!!!
pop.gif
....not for me...for them
wink.png

UPS I feel much more comfortable shipping through, they'll come right to your door unlike all mail carriers (some mail carriers do, others make you come into the office to pick up), and packages are normally handled better....though can't guarrentee all will come safe.

I hope my first package to Amber (i forget her screen name) gets there smoothly! I can't wait for the tracking number to show up so I can track it with her haha!

The only eggs I haven't figured out what I want to do price wise is the button quails....shipping itself could be from 9+ dollars on depending on how many I have to offer. I assume it will cost less than the coturnix since I have less buttons to offer at this time than I did coturnix eggs. But I do plan on hatching many more buttons to resolve the lack of egg issue lol.

Niki

Quote:
you mean via normal mail? Yeah, out of the 5 or so I've recieved from people via the mail only 2 were obviously with crushed eggs, others were scrambled. Since at my moms work UPS is around the same price as the mail (due to a discount at her work) I wanted to upgrade to try and insure better my eggies care in shipment.
smile.png
I want happy customers after all
wink.png

Not normal. normal I lost many packages. UPS packages always come here safe. I only had one damaged by UPS but I believe it was the sellers fault for not wrapping the neons in bubble wrap.

Last edited:
Quote:
OOH great to hear! i thought you meant through normal mail!!! LOL! That seriously makes me happy to hear that many made it great!
smile.png
Thanks Stevie
smile.png

I will continue to use the USPS as I have seen that packages at UPS get treated just as bad there too.

I feel better about using the USPS because I have the option of holding the package at the post office instead of it riding around in a truck all day long getting bounced and jostled around.

If I were you I would track your sellers and find out how your fertility compares using UPS.

pips&peeps :

I will continue to use the USPS as I have seen that packages at UPS get treated just as bad there too.

I feel better about using the USPS because I have the option of holding the package at the post office instead of it riding around in a truck all day long getting bounced and jostled around.

If I were you I would track your sellers and find out how your fertility compares using UPS.

You do have a point but i've heard so many bad things about USPS (and good things too) and in my experience of recieving i'd just personally rather do this option. They sitll get jostled around being transported to the post offices in USPS and that's why I feel that that parts really no different.
smile.png
My mail lady shook my package the first time she brought me one saying "i dont hear any peeping....says hatching eggs, i dotn hear any they mustint be hatched yet" LOL and she was SERIOUS! LOL! Also a bout pick up, i'd be very upset if a shipper requested me pick up my package at the postoffice, as i can almost never get there when it's opened.
sad.png

Ofcourse UPS may still injure packages but since that's their specialized job, as opposed to just envelopes mostly like the USPS normally deals with, I personally feel better with this option.

Also about tracking fertility...I already planned to do that either way. I want to know how many if any come broken, how many are fertile at 7 days if they candle, and how many sucessfully hatch and what colors (since I have specific color breeding pens so i can know what was more sucessful).

smile.png

p.s. this is just MY new preference...I feel more comfortable with going UPS...all you other egg sellers do what works for you more power to ya I was just announcing for anyone wanting to purchase from me my new price and why
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom