Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

I LOVE aseel, but all Orientals in general. I'm still waiting to give you some more info, because due to a recent accident I had to change phones, and my photos didn't transfer, so I have no photos of my birds, other than my three silkie babies
Ko shamo are my oriental game weakness 🤣 I'm more focus on american game bantams though due to such low amount of breeders. Them and Red pyle OEGBs are going to probably be my first main focus for a few years. I am graced with supportive boyfriend who father works construction to help with pen designs :oops:

Trust me when I say partily why I love hanging out with the less religously inclined is because I don't have to contend with that. :oops:
Totally appreciate your open-minded view. I have very religious family members and I've certainly had a time in my life where I too was into it. But I never felt preachy or recruity, I kept it to myself. Fast forward to today, one of my family members literally has his preaching falling out of his mouth every single time he speaks. I love him but it's so off-putting that I find myself keeping big boundaries between us that I really wish we didn't have since my family is small and life is short! We should be enjoying each other but it's truly in the way! It's a bummer!

Totally appreciate your open-minded view. I have very religious family members and I've certainly had a time in my life where I too was into it. But I never felt preachy or recruity, I kept it to myself. Fast forward to today, one of my family members literally has his preaching falling out of his mouth every single time he speaks. I love him but it's so off-putting that I find myself keeping big boundaries between us that I really wish we didn't have since my family is small and life is short! We should be enjoying each other but it's truly in the way! It's a bummer!
I ended up leaving a very dominant faith of the US to a lesser one because of it. Said new faith is very anti recruiting and it been a relief.

This basically sums up my viewpoint. Some people choose to believe so strongly in their faith they disregard people and family next to them

So I had to look up the Ko Shamo birds...those are a new one on me. Kind of like a runner duck look except in a chicken? Are they popular for the odd look or are there other breed peculiarities?

So I had to look up the Ko Shamo birds...those are a new one on me. Kind of like a runner duck look except in a chicken? Are they popular for the odd look or are there other breed peculiarities?

They are considered sort of peculiar, sure. But I'd say the most peculiar of them all is the Dong Tao

They are 'popular' for the odd look and often time still gamey nature. Not for illegal activities just because they are a challenge for breeders to raise. Too small and ornamental for things of which isn't legal in the US.

one of my family members literally has his preaching falling out of his mouth every single time he speaks. I love him but it's so off-putting
Well, that sure gets old, doesn't it?

There are a series of ads on local TV right now that I really like, even though they're Christian themed. One of them concerns a family/friends that were close, but grew apart when opinions about religion/politics developed as they grew up. Eventually, they stopped speaking to each other, because everyone "had to be right." The final caption says something like, "Even when he disagreed with them, Jesus didn't disown anyone."

I think there is room for everyone to have their own belief. I think the concept of "God" is a lot bigger than any one religion. And if you think there is no god or God, I think that's a valid belief too.

Back
Top Bottom