Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
Critters fed, including the mosquitoes. :rant

I see what you mean. And yeah, I also see why it bothers you. I can understand the allure on a web-design side, but as an artist I dislike it immensely. Soon, people won't be needed for anything.

Ugh, mosquitoes! :barnie

Glad it's not just me! I don't consider myself an artist (I doodle sometimes, but, eh, nothing spectacular or anything), but I know a lot of artists and have come to understand the inherent issues with AI art from them. :hmm

The title brought me here. I'm grateful for all non religious spaces as I live in the Bible belt and work with the elderly. Their home, their rules. Plus, I believe in respecting other people anyway, but it still gets tiring having to smile and nod every day.

Welcome! :frow And I definitely hear you on the smile and nod sentiment, living with someone with strong religious beliefs! 😩

I hear you. I've also kind of been going through some changes in life, changes that make me wish I had done things very differently leading up to now. It's likely going to be a very busy, very trying few years for me, but if I can fight my way through it all, I know things will look so much better on the other side. I hope that the shifts you've been experiencing in life are similarly for the better long-term. 🙂

I wondered where this thread went to!

Ch-ch-ch- changes....

I had a ROUGH summer with my autistic son and I started grad school last fall, so I, too, am deep in the willy-weeds of life.

I just put a down-payment on a custom coop build (for delivery in the spring), so I can get more babies! Now, I'm just waiting for Meyer Hatchery to open up ordering for 2024 🫠

Sorry to hear that you had a rough time this summer. Grad school is exciting, though! What are you studying? I'm hoping to go back to school next fall as well. 😁

What breeds are you getting for your new coop? Meyer tends to open up orders for the next year around mid-November, for the record! Not that I have any personal experience with waiting for them to open up orders or anything.
angel halo power down.gif

Sorry to hear that you had a rough time this summer. Grad school is exciting, though! What are you studying? I'm hoping to go back to school next fall as well. 😁

What breeds are you getting for your new coop? Meyer tends to open up orders for the next year around mid-November, for the record! Not that I have any personal experience with waiting for them to open up orders or anything. View attachment 3630916
I'm getting my masters degree in social work at Michigan State University - focusing on working with combat veterans (pretty intense, but worth it). What will you go back to school for?

As of right now, I want 2 Blue (BBS) Ameraucana, 2 Blue Sex-Link EE Bantams, 2 Wheaton Olive Eggers, and 2 Golden Cuckoo Marans (I've changed my mind on this several times, but I want some colored egg layers and I wanted a couple of bantams, and I'm trying to keep the order at 8 chicks). My new coop will be 10x12 with a 3x10 feed room (so 90 sq ft coop space and I have a flock of 8 rn).

Back
Top Bottom