Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
:frow I didn't grow up with metric and I see how much clearer and easier it is.

I think that people who find metric confusing are thinking of it in terms of how it relates to imperial measurements instead of seeing them as their own measurements. Until you separate the two, it will be confusing, entirely because imperial measurements are nonsensical at best.

But then you have a number you want to convert to a smaller or larger unit of measurement, and with metric literally all you do is move a decimal point, but with imperial you have to do a series of calculations because a gallon is 16 cups, or a foot is 12 inches, or a pound is 16 ounces, etc. etc. etc. It's... pretty plain to see why metric is easier in, well, quite literally every way except for in conversion to imperial measurements... which ultimately is not the fault of the metric measurements. :idunno

Well said. Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. They are both measuring systems, but that's where it ends.

The main problem in the States is that the rest of the world (minus those two minor countries <sorry to anyone from there>) uses metric for *everything*. It just doesn't make sense considering what how much the States trades with the rest of the world. Your government has got to put it's foot down and just implement it.

Like the dollar coins. Here, we had no choice, the dollar bill was phased out and replaced with the coins, and then the two dollar bill. You guys are just stubborn and spoiled. ;) :oops:

*runs away giggling*

Well said. Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. They are both measuring systems, but that's where it ends.

The main problem in the States is that the rest of the world (minus those two minor countries <sorry to anyone from there>) uses metric for *everything*. It just doesn't make sense considering what how much the States trades with the rest of the world. Your government has got to put it's foot down and just implement it.

Like the dollar coins. Here, we had no choice, the dollar bill was phased out and replaced with the coins, and then the two dollar bill. You guys are just stubborn and spoiled. ;) :oops:

*runs away giggling*
:lau dead at the last bit 🤣😭

Thanks fluffer crow!! your rooster remind me of my rooster, Noodle he's a little polish Frizzle boy-o with a sweet attitude, He's so angelic and sweet to my chicks', with his frizzled polish at his side he's happy to be their man!

So Canada Wind; Sorry Chris I mean, how is raising rabbits with chickas- And ducks?
If you say it's easy I will in fact convince my family to get MANY A RABBIT!!

Attachments

• DSC_0383.JPG
    DSC_0383.JPG
    316.7 KB · Views: 1
Regarding the US going metric: There's also the bit about ALL industry having to switch. All those dies, molds, fixtures, jigs, machines, tools...

I have my suspicions that that is what tanked the attempt back in the late 1970s: Industry said, nuh uh. Not gonna do it and you can't make us. :tongue

Back
Top Bottom