Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
12 inches in a foot is easy :oops: 🤣🤣🤣

Length of exposure to the number. My nephew frequently asks me to confirm when it comes up in his math homework. Now if only his school was teaching him the system that just did it in simple factors of 10 instead of whatever the heck they felt like doing in the imperial system. 😵‍💫

Length of exposure to the number. My nephew frequently asks me to confirm when it comes up in his math homework. Now if only his school was teaching him the system that just did it in simple factors of 10 instead of whatever the heck they felt like doing in the imperial system. 😵‍💫
Ahh okay that makes sense. I guess when learning it it might be confusing. But now I’m used to it.

Cause you didn’t grow up with it lol

:frow I didn't grow up with metric and I see how much clearer and easier it is.

I think that people who find metric confusing are thinking of it in terms of how it relates to imperial measurements instead of seeing them as their own measurements. Until you separate the two, it will be confusing, entirely because imperial measurements are nonsensical at best.

But then you have a number you want to convert to a smaller or larger unit of measurement, and with metric literally all you do is move a decimal point, but with imperial you have to do a series of calculations because a gallon is 16 cups, or a foot is 12 inches, or a pound is 16 ounces, etc. etc. etc. It's... pretty plain to see why metric is easier in, well, quite literally every way except for in conversion to imperial measurements... which ultimately is not the fault of the metric measurements. :idunno

:frow I didn't grow up with metric and I see how much clearer and easier it is.

I think that people who find metric confusing are thinking of it in terms of how it relates to imperial measurements instead of seeing them as their own measurements. Until you separate the two, it will be confusing, entirely because imperial measurements are nonsensical at best.

But then you have a number you want to convert to a smaller or larger unit of measurement, and with metric literally all you do is move a decimal point, but with imperial you have to do a series of calculations because a gallon is 16 cups, or a foot is 12 inches, or a pound is 16 ounces, etc. etc. etc. It's... pretty plain to see why metric is easier in, well, quite literally every way except for in conversion to imperial measurements... which ultimately is not the fault of the metric measurements. :idunno
I guess that makes sense lol maybe I would find it less confusing if I actually seriously tried to learn it. And/or stopped comparing.

Back
Top Bottom