Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

The frizzle came from me?!?!?! And they're so cute!
Only other possible frizzles were silkies and none of those showed any signs of being frizzled. Only the ones from your group. There is 2 boys and 1 girl (I think). The girls is almost totally white, and the other boy is all brown.... They are ADORABLE!!!!!

Only other possible frizzles were silkies and none of those showed any signs of being frizzled. Only the ones from your group. There is 2 boys and 1 girl (I think). The girls is almost totally white, and the other boy is all brown.... They are ADORABLE!!!!!
Oh my gosh that's surprising! I didn't think I had any of my frizzle's were laying!

It depends on so many other factors....what kind of temps the shipping route goes through.  How far the eggs travel. How the eggs are packaged.  How brutal the post office is.  I've had zero hatches.  I've had 95% hatches.  I've had everything in between.  But, if they make it to lockdown and the air cells aren't too screwy, they have just as good a chance as any other egg.  Good luck with the rest that you still have brewing!!!!

Thanks! I look forward to the day 14 candling on Thursday, hope everybody is still kicking. One thing I'm glad I did, was put some of my flocks eggs in there, so I kinda know if I have a bunch of deaths if it is climate (therefor both types would struggle) or if it was shipping (only shipped eggs struggle).

Thanks! I look forward to the day 14 candling on Thursday, hope everybody is still kicking. One thing I'm glad I did, was put some of my flocks eggs in there, so I kinda know if I have a bunch of deaths if it is climate (therefor both types would struggle) or if it was shipping (only shipped eggs struggle).
I hope you have lots of little babies!!! Good luck!

Are you sure the frizzles didn't come from the eggs you got from me? They look about the right age and look almost identical to ones I've hatched recently as well as those a good friend hatched from our flock. :)
. And the white/red one I'm pretty sure is the full sister to this little girl.

Last edited:
Are you sure the frizzles didn't come from the eggs you got from me? They look about the right age and look almost identical to ones I've hatched recently as well as those a good friend hatched from our flock.
smile.png
And the white/red one I'm pretty sure is the full sister to this little girl.
YES, they came from you. I am sure of it. I am getting all the eggs I've hatched recently confused!!! Way too many babies running around!!
The only others that I might have would have been from some silkes I got, and these are already twice the size of the silkies in the pen. They look JUST like your girl in the last picture, color wise. They are BEAUTIFUL! I wish I could keep him, but he will have to go. She will stay though. This was when she was younger. She has stayed almost totally cream colored, the boy has gotten red throughout his feathers.

Last edited:
After seeing a Raffle group on FB, I was thinking maybe we could do something similar.

What they do is the seller (eggs, chicks, supplies, etc) starts a post with blank spaces, and decides how many spaces and how much each space costs. For example, 20 spots for $4 each. People who want whatever they are raffling pick spots and agree to pay for however many spots they choose (as many as they want up to the total minus one). When all spots are spoken for, it closes, and each person who picked a spot pays their amount. Then a random number generator picks the winning spot.

It might not work so well here exactly like that, but maybe something similar?

Like maybe we could do numbered spaces, with only the winner having to pay an agreed upon total on completion. Choosing a spot is a promise to pay. The random number generator would choose a number and pick the winner. Then the winner could pay.

Thoughts? Other variations?

Back
Top Bottom